As a part of the Hospital Medicine team I'm responsible for inpatient care of solid tumor cancer patients when they are acutely ill and need hospitalization. This is an evolving field of inpatient medicine which requires specific expertise as the needs of these patients are precise. These patients are more sick than one might encounter in the general hospital medicine practice. These patients commonly have unusual presentation of common illnesses and also present with rare conditions by virtue of their disease process or therapy they are receiving. Even the practice of medicine in this patient population is challenging as these patients tend to be more fragile. In a nutshell, this is Frontier Medicine pushing boundaries of medicine and extending life, which I enjoy.
I went to medical school in Kashmir and finished my residency in Buffalo. Soon after I worked in different roles including traditional consultative medicine, hospital medicine and academic medicine In Midwest and East Coast. I finally moved back to Buffalo to invest my effort to this field.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor Department of Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
Education and Training:
- MD - Govt. Medical College Srinagar, University of Kashmir
- Internal Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2013 - American Board Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)