Dr. McSpadden is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Head and neck surgery Head and neck cancer (mouth/tongue, pharynx/throat, larynx/voice box, salivary gland, sinus, thyroid, skull base, skin) Laser surgery Microvascular Reconstruction of head and neck defects (free flap surgery) Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Research Interests:Complex reconstruction of head and neck defects Skull base surgery Advanced skin cancer of the face/head and neck Airway reconstruction
About Ryan McSpadden
I was drawn to Head and Neck Surgery early in my medical training. The treatment landscape for head and neck cancer continues to evolve and being a part of that process to better patient care is why I went into medicine. I received advanced training in Head and Neck Surgery and Microvascular Reconstruction at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Odette Cancer Centre through the University of Toronto. I treat all forms of head and neck cancer and have an interest in complex reconstruction of the head and neck and minimally invasive approaches to skull base tumors.
Buffalo is an amazing place. My mom grew up in Black Rock and Williamsville. I spent my childhood visiting my grandmother and my extended family here as well as spending summers at Chautauqua Lake. Buffalonians have a special place in my heart and I am honored that I have the opportunity to care for them.
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Head & Neck/Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Education and Training:
- 2012 - MD - Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2007 - BS - Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- 2012-2017 - Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- 2018 - Head and Neck Surgery, Microvascular Reconstruction, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
My research interests include functional outcomes of head and neck surgery, sentinel lymph node for oral cavity cancer, and ultrasound imaging in head and neck cancer.