Specializing In:Hematopoietic cell transplant Clinical Epidemiology Survivorship - particularly second cancers Cellular therapy
About Megan Herr
I joined the Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center faculty in 2018 as an Assistant Professor of Oncology in the Department of Medicine on the Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program. My current research focuses on hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) and outcomes, including graft-versus-host disease (GvHD), infections, second cancers, relapse, and treatment-related mortality (TRM) as well as cellular therapy and outcomes including infections and neurotoxicity.
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Assistant Member
- Department of Medicine
Education and Training:
- 2015 - PhD - Epidemiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute
- 2015-2018 - Epidemiology and Late Effects, National Cancer Institute , Bethesda, MD
1. Herr MM, Rehman S, Zhang Y, Ho CM, Chen GL, Ross M, Hillengass J, Jacobson H, McKenzie R, Farrell K, Maqsood A, McCarthy PL, Hahn T. Replicated Risk Index of Patient Functional Status Prior to Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Predicts Healthcare Utilization and Survival. Transplant Cell Ther. 2021:27(10):875.e1-875.e9. Pubmed PMID: 34216792.
2. Gutierrez C, Brown ART, May HP, Beitinjaneh A, Stephens S, Rajendram P, Nates JL, Pastores SM, Dharshan A, de Moraes AG, Hensley MK, Feng L, Brudno JN, Athale J, Ghosh M, Kochenderfer JN, Arias AS, Lin Y, McEvoy C, Mead E, Westin J, Kostelecky N, Mian A, Herr MM. Critically Ill Patients Treated for Chimeric Antigen Receptor Related Toxicity: A Multicenter Study. Crit Care Med.
3. Herr MM, Chen GL, Ross M, Jacobson H, McKenzie R, Markel L, Balderman SR, Ho CM, Hahn T, McCarthy PL. Identification of neurotoxicity after chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell infusion without deterioration in the immune effector cell encephalopathy (ICE) score. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2020;26(11):e271-e274. PubMed PMID: 32736009.
4. Herr MM, Schonfeld SJ, Dores GM, Tucker MA, Curtis RE, Morton LM. Risk for new malignancies of potential infectious etiology among adult survivors of specific non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes. Blood Adv. 2019;3(13):1961-1969. PubMed PMID: 31262739; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6616262.
5. Herr MM, Schonfeld SJ, Dores GM, Withrow DR, Tucker MA, Curtis RE, Morton LM. Mutual Risks of Cutaneous Melanoma and Specific Lymphoid Neoplasms: Second Cancer Occurrence and Survival. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110(11):1248-1258. PubMed PMID: 29659938; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6454551.