Dr. Maciej L. Goniewicz joined the staff of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park) in 2013 as Assistant Member of the Department of Health Behavior, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences. In 2016, he was appointed Associate Member.
He earned a Pharm.D. degree (2002) and a Ph.D. in Toxicology and Pharmacology (2007) from the Medical University of Silesia, Poland. He completed his postdoctoral fellowships in Clinical Pharmacology and Tobacco Control at the University of California San Francisco and in Smoking Cessation Treatment in Queen Mary University of London, UK.
Dr. Goniewicz has authored over 40 scientific papers on topics related to tobacco control, biomarkers, and nicotine-containing products. His work has been published in Tobacco Control, Nicotine and Tobacco Research, Pediatrics, Atherosclerosis, Critical Care Medicine, Chemical Research in Toxicology, Journal of Analytical Toxicology, and Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Department of Health Behavior
Education and Training:
- 2007 - PhD - Medical University of Silesia, Poland
- 2002 - PharmD - Medical University of Silesia, Poland
- 2002-2003 - Residency Training in Community Pharmacy
- 2008-2010 - Postdoctoral Fellow (Clinical Pharmacology, Experimental Therapeutics, & Tobacco Control) - University of California San Francisco
- 2011-2013 - Research Fellow (Nicotine Dependence Treatment) - Queen Mary University of London, UK
- 2011 - General Pharmaceutical Council, UK
- 2003 - Polish Pharmaceutical Chamber
- 2009-present - Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
- 2004-2006 - International Society of Exposure Analysis
- 2002-present - Polish Pharmaceutical Society
- 2001-present - Polish Chemical Society