Special Interests:Statistical Biomarker Discovery and Validation Methods Translational Bioinformatics Pharmacogenomics Survival Analysis and Competing Risk Analysis Precision Medicine Computational methods for genomic and other big data
About Li Yan
Li Yan, PhD, is Assistant Professor of the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. His key research interests and expertise include statistical methods and software for omics data, biomarker discovery and statistical methods for combination of biomarkers, survival analysis in translational and clinical research, parallel and distributed computing methods for genomic cancer research and other big data, and experimental design for omics studies. His collaboration works cover wide range of subject areas including breast, prostate, pancreas and other cancers, blood and marrow transplant, Alzheimer¹s disease and other diseases. He has authored or co-authored over 70 peer-reviewed methodological and collaborative publications.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Member of Clinical Research
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2013 - PhD - Biostatistics, SUNY at Buffalo, NY
- 2002 - PhD - Physics, University of Rochester, NY
- 1988 - BS - Physics, Shandong University, China
- American Statistical Association
Honors & Awards:
- 1998-2002 - Kodak Fellowship
- Yan L, Tian L, Liu S. Combining large number of weak biomarkers based on AUC. Stat Med. 2015 Dec 20;34(29):3811-30. doi: 10.1002/sim.6600. Epub 2015 Jul 30. PMID: 26227901; PMCID: PMC5823017.
- Yan L, Ma C, Wang D, Hu Q, Qin M, Conroy JM, Sucheston LE, Ambrosone CB, Johnson CS, Wang J, Liu S. OSAT: a tool for sample-to-batch allocations in genomics experiments. BMC Genomics. 2012 Dec 10;13:689. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-13-689. PMID: 23228338; PMCID: PMC3548766.
- Tian L, Vexler A, Yan L, Schisterman EF. Confidence interval estimation of the difference between paired AUCs based on combined biomarkers. J Stat Plan Inference. 2009;139(10):3725-3732. doi: 10.1016/j.jspi.2009.05.001. PMID: 19946609; PMCID: PMC2782380.
- Zhu Q*, Yan L*, Liu Q, Hu Q, Preus L, Clay A, Onel K, Stram D, Pooler L, Sheng X, Haiman C, Zhu X, Spellman S, Pasquini M, McCarthy P, Liu S, Hahn T, Sucheston-Campbell L. Exome Array Analyses Identify New Genes Influencing Survival Outcomes after HLA-Matched Unrelated Donor Blood and Marrow Transplantation. Blood. 2016 Dec 2;128(22):518-518. doi: 10.1182/blood.V128.22.518.518
- Jeter CR, Liu B, Lu Y, Chao HP, Zhang D, Liu X, Chen X, Li Q, Rycaj K, Calhoun-Davis T, Yan L, Hu Q, Wang J, Shen J, Liu S, Tang DG. NANOG reprograms prostate cancer cells to castration resistance via dynamically repressing and engaging the AR/FOXA1 signaling axis. Cell Discov. 2016 Nov 15;2:16041. doi: 10.1038/celldisc.2016.41. PMID: 27867534; PMCID: PMC5109294.
*The authors contributed equally to this work