Dr. Jia Fang joined the faculty of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 2017 as an Associate Member/Associate Professor. He came to Roswell Park from the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute where he started as a junior faculty and received his tenure as an Associate Member/Professor. He was also an Associate Professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine.
After receiving his Ph.D. in 1999, Dr. Fang started his postdoctoral training at the Neuroscience Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 2001, he joined Dr. Yi Zhang's laboratory as a postdoctoral fellow at the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, studying epigenetics and chromatin biology. He then established his independent laboratory at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute.
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
University at Buffalo
- Associate Professor
Education and Training:
- 1999 - PhD - Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2000-2006 - Postdoctoral - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Epigenetics
- Member - Molecular Pharmacology and Cancer Therapeutics Graduate Program, Member - Cancer Genetics CCSG (Cancer Center Support Grant) Program