Research Interests:Clinical application of imaging flow cytometry Identification of methods to enhance treatment response in leukemia and lymphoma Elucidation of multidrug resistance mechanisms
About Hans Minderman
Dr. Hans Minderman joined the team of the Experimental Therapeutics Department at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 1990. He was named the Assistant Director, Flow and Image Cytometry Facility in 2007. He earned his doctoral degree in Medical Biology at the University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands (1994).
He has authored or co-authored more than 90 journal publications, abstracts or book chapters.
The Flow and Image Cytometry Facility provides standard and advanced flow cytometry capabilities for research and clinical investigations at Roswell Park. It is a licensed reference laboratory for classification of leukemias and lymphomas by immunophenotyping, for evaluating immunologically-based diseases, for monitoring transplant patients, and for evaluating DNA in solid tumors. It is committed to translational research through the development of new tests. Standard and advanced flow and image cytometry services and capabilities also are provided to basic research scientists.
- Associate Director, Flow and Image Cytometry Shared Resource
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Division of Medicine
Education and Training:
- 1994 - PhD - Medical Biology, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)
- Iyer RV, Maguire O, Kim M, Curtin LI, Sexton S, Fisher DT, Schihl SA, Fetterly G, Menne S, Minderman H. Dose-Dependent Sorafenib-Induced Immunosuppression Is Associated with Aberrant NFAT Activation and Expression of PD-1 in T Cells. Cancers (Basel). 2019 May 16;11(5). doi: 10.3390/cancers11050681. PubMed PMID: 31100868; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6562672.
- Shenoy GN, Loyall J, Maguire O, Iyer V, Kelleher RJ Jr, Minderman H, Wallace PK, Odunsi K, Balu-Iyer SV, Bankert RB. Exosomes Associated with Human Ovarian Tumors Harbor a Reversible Checkpoint of T-cell Responses. Cancer Immunol Res. 2018 Feb;6(2):236-247. doi: 10.1158/2326-6066.CIR-17-0113. Epub 2018 Jan 4. PubMed PMID: 29301753; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5845437.
- Ku AW, Muhitch JB, Powers CA, Diehl M, Kim M, Fisher DT, Sharda AP, Clements VK, O'Loughlin K, Minderman H, Messmer MN, Ma J, Skitzki JJ, Steeber DA, Walcheck B, Ostrand-Rosenberg S, Abrams SI, Evans SS. Tumor-induced MDSC act via remote control to inhibit L-selectin-dependent adaptive immunity in lymph nodes. Elife. 2016 Dec 8;5. doi: 10.7554/eLife.17375. PubMed PMID: 27929373; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5199197.
- Maguire O, O'Loughlin K, Minderman H. Simultaneous assessment of NF-κB/p65 phosphorylation and nuclear localization using imaging flow cytometry. J Immunol Methods. 2015 Aug;423:3-11. doi: 10.1016/j.jim.2015.03.018. Epub 2015 Apr 7. PubMed PMID: 25862606; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4522232.
- Minderman H, O'Loughlin KL, Pendyala L, Baer MR. VX-710 (biricodar) increases drug retention and enhances chemosensitivity in resistant cells overexpressing P-glycoprotein, multidrug resistance protein, and breast cancer resistance protein. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Mar 1;10(5):1826-34. PubMed PMID: 15014037.