About Florence Arnold
I have been in practice as a medical oncologist/hematologist for more than two decades.
In addition to the United States, I have worked as a medical oncologist in New Zealand, Canada and the Philippines. I feel privileged to have been exposed to different cultures and different healthcare systems as this has enhanced my ability to connect with patients and their families.
Samaritan Health/Roswell Park Care Network
- Affiliate Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Medical Oncologist
- Department of Oncology/Hematology
Education and Training:
- 1991- MD - University of the Philippines College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
- 1993-1996 - Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, New York Medical College Internal Medicine Program, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, NY
- 1996-1999 - Hematology/Oncology, Internal Medicine Fellowship, New York Medical College Program, Valhalla, NY
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Feldman, E, K. Seiter, D. Case, F. Plaza, et al. Clinical Evaluation of a Commercial Preparation Of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS). Blood. Vol. 92, no. 10 suppl 1. Abstract 2608, Poster Presentation, American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, Miami Beach, Florida, Dec 1998.
Ahmad, I., G. Anan, R. Alvi, K. Haider, A. Sami, S. Yadav, F. Arnold, L. McLeann, S. Popkin, S. Ahmed. Impact of timing of initiation of adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after resection of colorectal cancer. JCO. Vol. 25. No. 18S. Abstract 4054. Poster Session, ASCO Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, June 2007.
Ahmed, S., R Shahid, T Zhu, I Ahmad, S Yadav, R Alvi, A Sami, F Arnold, K Harding, D Popkin, K Haider. Prognostic role of primary tumor resection in advanced colorectal cancer (CRC); A Canadian province’s experience. Abstract accepted for Poster Presentation, 2008 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium, Orlando, Fl, January 2008.
Ahmad, I., F. Arnold, S. Ahmed, A. Sami, T. Zhu, K. Haider, S. Yadav, K. Gesy, M. Brigden. A phase II trial of alternating of carboplatin/paclitaxel and carboplatin/gemcitabine for Stage IIIB/IV nonsmall cell lung cancer. JCO. Vol 26, No15S. Abstract 19113. 2008 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, Chicago, IL. May 2008.
Ahmed, S., R Shahid, T Zhu, K. Haider, R. Alvi, F. Arnold, A. Sami, S Yadav, M Brigden, K Harding, I Ahmad. Effect of surgical resection (SR) of primary tumor in advanced colorectal cancer (CRC) on outcome: A Canadian province’s experience. Abstract No. 15016. JCO. Vol 26, No15S. 2008 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, Chicago, IL. May 2008.
Ahmed, S, I Ahmad, T Zhu, F P Arnold, G F Anan, A Sami, S K Yadav, R Alvi, K Haider, Early Discontinuation but Not the Timing of Adjuvant Therapy Affects Survival of Patients With High-Risk Colorectal Cancer: A Population-Based Study. Dis Colon Rectum 2010; 53: 1432-1438.