Specializing In:Psychological support for young adults with cancer Oncofertility related decisions
Research Interests:Development of novel psychological interventions for young adult cancer patients
About Erin Brewer-Spritzer
Dr. Brewer-Spritzer provides psychological assessment and intervention services to young adult cancer patients, survivors and their families. Her area of focus is with the young adult and oncofertility services. Her research interests have focused on developing novel psychological interventions to improve quality of life for young adult cancer patients and survivors.
Dr. Brewer-Spritzer completed her B.S. in Psychology from St. John Fisher College and received her PsyD in Clinical Psychology from Medaille University. Dr. Brewer-Spritzer completed her pre-doctoral internship at John R. Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo and Roswell Park Comprehensive Center, specializing in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology and Psycho-Oncology. She completed her post-doctoral fellowship at Roswell Park Comprehensive Center specializing in providing psychosocial support to young adult patients and survivors, and their families. She is a member of the American Psychosocial Oncology Society.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Medical Psychologist Trainee, Young Adult Program
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Psychology
Education and Training:
- 2022- PsyD Clinical Psychology, Medaille University, Buffalo, NY
- 2020-2022 - Pre-doctoral internship, John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Pediatric Psycho-Oncology Consortium, Buffalo, NY
- 2022 - Post-doctoral fellowship, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Young Adults with Cancer and Onco-fertility Program, Buffalo, NY
- American Psychological Association
- New York State Psychological Association
- Psychological Association of Western New York
- American Psychosocial Oncology Society
Beaupin, L. K., Pailler, M. E., Brewer-Spritzer, E., Kishel, E., Grant, P. C., Depner, R. M., ... & Breier, J. M. (2019). Photographs of meaning: A novel social media intervention for adolescent and young adult cancer patients. Psychooncology, 28(1), 198-200.
Pailler, M. E., Beaupin, L. K., Brewer-Spritzer, E., Grant, P. C., Depner, R. M., Levy, K., & Tenzek, K. E. (2020). Reaching adolescent and young adult cancer patients through social media: impact of the photographs of meaning program. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, 9(4), 508-513.
Levy, K., Grant, P. C., Depner, R. M., Tenzek, K. E., Beaupin, L. K., Pailler, M. E., & Brewer-Spritzer, E. (2020). The Photographs of Meaning Program for Pediatric Palliative Caregivers and Its Impact on Meaning, Well-Being, and Perceived Social Support. Palliative Medicine Reports, 1(1), 84-91.