Dr. Spangenthal is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Cardiology Echocardiography Chemotherapy induced cardiac disease Radiation therapy induced cardiac disease Bone Marrow Transplant induced cardiac disease Atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias Congestive heart failure Valvular heart disease
Special Interests:Clinical and non-invasive cardiology Cardiology care of the cancer patient Echocardiography Transesophageal echo and stress echo
About Edward Spangenthal
I have been providing the cardiology consultative services at Roswell Park for more than 20 years. About 10 years ago Cardio-Oncology became a recognized subsepecialty. Since that time, I have become more involved in some of the research projects at Roswell Park that involve monitoring and follow up of the cardiovascular system in patients undergoing cancer treatments of many different kinds.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Clinical Chief of Cardiology
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine
Education and Training:
- MD - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Adult Echocardiography, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pokuri VK, Nourkeyhani H, Betsy B, Herbst L, Sikorski M, Spangenthal E, Fabiano A, and George S. Strategies to Circumvent Testosterone Surge and Disease Flare in Advanced Prostate Cancer: Emerging Treatment Paradigms. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2015; 13(7) e49-e55. PMID: 26150586. doi: 10.6004/jnccn.2015.0109
- Jarkowski A 3rd, Glode AE, Spangenthal EJ, Wong MK. Heart Failure Caused by Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Cancer. Pharmacotherapy. 2011; Jan;31(1):62-75. PMID: 21182360. doi: 10.1592/phco.31.1.62.
- Paulus A, Swaika A, Miller KC, Spangenthal EJ, Guo R, Vonfricken K, Lee K, Chanan-Khan AA. Clinical relapse in a patient with multiple myeloma presenting as an atrial plasmacytoma. J Clin Oncol. 2011; Jan 20;29(3):e47-9. PMID: 20956627. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2010.30.3370.
- Francis J, Ahluwalia MS, Wetzler M, Wang E, Paplham P, Smiley S, McCarthy PL, Cohen IL, Spangenthal E, Battiwalla M. Reversible cardiotoxicity with tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2010; Feb;8(2):128-32. PMID: 20386534.
- Pande A, Lombardo J, Spangenthal E, Javle M. Hypertension secondary to anti-angiogenic therapy: experience with bevacizumab. Anticancer Res. 2007; Sep-Oct;27(5B):3465-70. PMID: 17972502.