My name is Dr. Beverly Schaefer and I’m a pediatric hematologist/oncologist who specializes in bleeding disorders and blood clots in children at Roswell Park. I carefully evaluate a child’s risk of clotting and help tailor a treatment plan that may include advising on lifestyle changes or blood thinners.
I am board certified in both pediatrics and pediatric hematology and oncology. I received my medical degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY and completed my residency both at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. My fellowship was at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, OH.
I’m an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Roswell Park and a Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo (UB). I’m also a staff physician at the WNY Blood Care (formerly the Hemophilia Center of WNY).
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Jacobs School Of Medicine And Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Program Director, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Fellowship
WNY Blood Care
- Staff Physician
Education and Training:
- 2006-2010 - MD - SUNY Upstate
- 2010-2013 - A.I. Dupont Hospital for Children & Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- 2013-2016 - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
- The American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- The American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (ASPHO)
- The Hemostasis & Thrombosis Research Society (HTRS)
Honors & Awards:
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Resident Teaching Award
- Resident Humanitarian Award
- ASH Medical Educators Institute