Specializing In:Cancer health disparities Immune profiling in breast cancer Tumor-immune evolutionary dynamics
About Angela R. Omilian
Dr. Omilian joined the Roswell Park faculty in 2019 and is currently an Assistant Professor of Oncology in the Department of Cancer Prevention and Control. She graduated from Cornell University and earned her PhD degree at Indiana University. Her main research focus is breast cancer disparities, particularly in regard to variation in immune subsets among different populations of women. She also uses evolutionary-genetic sequence analyses coupled with multispectral tissue staining approaches to evaluate the co-evolutionary dynamics between tumor and immune cells in breast cancer.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Cancer Prevention & Control
Education and Training:
- 2006 - PhD - Indiana University, Bloomington IN
- Omilian AR, Wei L, Hong CC, Bandera EV, Liu S, Khoury T, Ambrosone CB, Yao S. Somatic mutations of triple-negative breast cancer: a comparison between Black and White women. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020 Jul;182(2):503-509. doi: 10.1007/s10549-020-05693-4. Epub 2020 May 21. PubMed PMID: 32441016; NIHMSID:NIHMSJUHGPAU2M3.
- Abdou Y, Attwood K, Cheng TD, Yao S, Bandera EV, Zirpoli GR, Ondracek RP, Stein L, Bshara W, Khoury T, Ambrosone CB, Omilian AR. Racial differences in CD8+ T cell infiltration in breast tumors from Black and White women. Breast Cancer Res. 2020 Jun 9;22(1):62. doi: 10.1186/s13058-020-01297-4. PubMed PMID: 32517730; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7285742.
- Omilian AR, Zirpoli GR, Cheng TD, Yao S, Stein L, Davis W, Head KL, Nair P, Khoury T, Ambrosone CB, Bshara W. Storage Conditions and Immunoreactivity of Breast Cancer Subtyping Markers in Tissue Microarray Sections. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2020 Apr;28(4):267-273. doi: 10.1097/PAI.0000000000000756. PubMed PMID: 31205070; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6906262.
- Cheng TD, Yao S, Omilian AR, Khoury T, Buas MF, Payne-Ondracek R, Sribenja S, Bshara W, Hong CC, Bandera EV, Davis W, Higgins MJ, Ambrosone CB. FOXA1 Protein Expression in ER+ and ER- Breast Cancer in Relation to Parity and Breastfeeding in Black and White Women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2020 Feb;29(2):379-385. doi: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-19-0787. Epub 2019 Dec 23. PubMed PMID: 31871111; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7007352.