Assistant Professor of Oncology, Department of Anesthesiology
Associate Director of ICU
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
Areas of Expertise:
Critical care training in medical, transplant, surgical, neurosurgical, trauma and cardiothoracic intensive care units
Performing bedside ultrasound, echocardiogram, transesophageal echocardiogram, endotracheal intubation, bronchoscopies, lumbar punctures, placing chest tubes, continuous veno venous hemodialysis (CVVH)
Placement of all central lines, Pulmonary artery catheters, hemodialysis catheters, arterial lines, PICC lines, intravenous pacemakers
Education and Training:
2002 - MD - Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medicine (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India
2008 - Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
2012 - Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
2013 - Neurocritical Care, United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties (UCNS)
2012 - Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
2008 - Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Book Chapter: Ananda Dharshan, Roopa Kohli- Seth. Diabetes Insipidus. The Anesthesia Guide. Pages- 492-495
- Vinik A.I, Anandacoomaraswamy D, Ullal J. Antibodies to Neuronal structures: Innocent bystanders or neuron toxins. Diabetes Care. 2005 Aug; 28(8): 2067-72. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 16043764.
- Roozehra Khan*, MD; Ronaldo Go, MD; Sumit Kapoor, MD; Ananda Dharshan, MD; Marjan Rahmanian, MD; Anthony Manasia, MD; Adel Bassily-Marcus, MD; Roopa Kohli-Seth, MD; John Oropello, MD; Ernest Benjamin, MD. Maintaining Hemodynamic and Metabolic Homeostasis in Anheptaic Critically Ill Patients. CHEST. 2012;142(4_MeetingAbstracts):390A-390A. doi:10.1378/chest.1387695.
- Dharshan AC, Joseph J, Goel SK, Tavakoly A, Shenoy MM. Double interatrial septum. Can J Cardiol. 2010 Feb;26(2):e63. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20151063.
- Anandacoomaraswamy D, Ullal J, Vinik AI. A 70-year-old male with peripheral neuropathy, ataxia and antigliadin antibodies shows improvement in neuropathy, but not ataxia, after intravenous immunoglobulin and gluten-free diet. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2008 Oct 1;1:93-6. PubMed PMID: 21197340; Cited in Pubmed. PMCID: PMC3004541. PMID: 21197340 [PubMed]