Buffalo born. Global impact.
We are not just a hospital.
We are a comprehensive cancer center, a prestigious research institution, an economic engine for the region, with an altruistic mission to care for people and ease the burden of cancer on our families and communities. We’ve led the way for more than a century, and we look to you as the next generation of innovators to push us forward to tomorrow’s victories over cancer.
The impact you can make here will be felt beyond our campus. The fight against cancer requires more than medicine — it demands a concerted, holistic effort that includes creating and supporting healthier communities, a cleaner environment, more equitable access to healthcare, compassion for our neighbors, and honoring our responsibility to our region as a good corporate citizen.
It takes everyONE of us. We got a head start; join us for what comes next.
Pioneering cancer advances
As the nation’s very first center devoted to cancer, we pioneered today’s model for multidisciplinary approach to cancer care, scientific research and the development of new therapies and technologies, that led to:
- PSA test for prostate cancer early detection
- Photodynamic therapy that kills cancer cells by combining light-sensitizing drugs and laser light.
- Polivy, a new drug for non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- SurVaxM, a treatment vaccine for brain tumors
Caring for our community
Buffalo is known as the City of Good Neighbors, and we take that very seriously. At Roswell Park, you’ll have opportunity to walk the talk by taking part in our many initiatives, such as:
- Beautifying Buffalo’s historic Fruit Belt neighborhood with a Spring cleanup and planting flowers and a vegetable garden.
- Sharing our bounty with drives to collect Thanksgiving turkeys, holiday toys, clothing and backpacks filled with school supplies.
- Building beds and donating sheets for children and families in need.
Reaching the underserved
We have developed crucial community and state partnerships to reach and engage those who need us most, with efforts such as cancer screening events, a navigation program for Indigenous and rural communities, programs to reach Black, Hispanic and new refugee populations, and fighting for legislation to ensure insurance coverage for colon cancer screening among younger people.Meet Eddy