|Employees:||4,188, including 364 faculty members and 855 nurses|
|Patients under active care:||49,105|
|Patient origin:||42 states, 1 foreign country|
|Number of beds:||157|
|Average length of stay:||8.33 Days|
|Funded research projects:||480|
(Figures current as of Fiscal Year 2023)
Seals of approval
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is a member of several prestigious organizations. Please select a link for more information.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is among a select group to hold the National Cancer Institute designation of "Comprehensive Cancer Center" and New York State's only one outside of New York City. This designation means that a cancer center's combined research, treatment and educational programs have weathered extensive peer review, met rigorous national standards, and made fundamental contributions to reducing the cancer burden.
Roswell Park was among the first to be recognized by the NCI as a Comprehensive Cancer Center in 1974, serving as a national model ever since.
Roswell Park is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers. A not-for-profit organization, the NCCN brings together the best minds in science to engineer continuous quality improvements in cancer care; improve the effectiveness of cancer care delivery through the ongoing collection and analysis of national outcomes data; enhance communications and collaboration among member institutions; offer access to the latest, most promising clinical trials; and provide best practice guidelines and measurement tools.
Roswell Park has achieved accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) as a result of its demonstrated compliance with the Joint Commission's nationally recognized health care standards.
Accreditations, certifications & membership
Roswell Park holds accreditations or certifications from many organizations, including:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education – for Medical and Surgical Oncology Training Programs
- American College of Radiology Accredited Facility for Radiation Oncology
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American Medical Association "Joy in Medicine" Recognized Organization
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC International)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- Blue Distinction® Center for Cancer Care
- Blue Distinction® Center for Cellular Immunotherapy - CAR-T
- Blue Distinction® Center for Transplants
- Cancer Immunotherapy Trials Network Member (CITN)
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- Lung Cancer Alliance Screening Center of Excellence
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancers (NAPBC)
- National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- National Marrow Donor Program
- Newsweek's World's Best Specialized Hospitals for Oncology
- Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence for Patient Experience
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Certification from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- The Joint Commission
- The Joint Commission Certification for Palliative Care
- The Joint Commission Laboratory Accreditation