BUFFALO, NY —Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park) welcomes the region’s nurses to a free half-day program featuring a keynote address from a national expert. Linda Burnes Bolton, DrPH, RN, FAAN, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer of Cedars-Sinai Health System and Research Institute, will keynote “Nursing Research: Producing Evidence to Advance Health” Wednesday, November 16 from 8 a.m. to noon in the Hohn Auditorium, Research Studies Center, Roswell Park.
Burnes Bolton, who in April was named to Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare list,is also Vice Chair of the Institute of Medicine Committee on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing. In her address, she will share her vision of a healthcare system that makes quality care accessible to diverse populations, promotes wellness and disease prevention, improves health outcomes and provides compassionate care across a person’s lifespan, detailing the Institute of Medicine’s recommendations on the future of nursing and addressing knowledge gaps in nursing research.
A panel discussion will follow, led by several regional and state nursing leaders:
· Maureen Kelly, RN, MS, OCN, NEA-BC CNO, Chief Nursing Officer at Roswell Park
· Barbara Zittel, RN, PhD, Nursing Consultant
· Mary Lou Rusin, RN, EdD, ANEF, Nursing Department Chairperson, Daemen College
· Frances Crosby, RN, EdD, MS, BS, Department Chair and Associate Professor of Nursing, Niagara University
· Mary Beth Campo, RN, MS, NEA-BC, Chief Nursing Executive, Kaleida Health
· Davina Porock, RN, PhD, Interim Dean, Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship, University at Buffalo School of Nursing
The seminar will begin with a poster session and continental breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Burnes Bolton’s keynote address will begin at 10 a.m., with the panel discussion following from 11 a.m. to noon. Attendees can earn one continuing nursing education credit through the Oncology Nursing Society.
Free parking is available at First Niagara Center, Washington Street at Perry Street. Free shuttle service will be provided for attendees from 7:30-9:30 a.m. and noon-1:00 pm. (The Roswell Park parking ramp is reserved for patients.)
To reserve a seat, call 716-845-3436 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org November 9.
Annie Deck-Miller, Senior Media Relations Manager