Buffalo Healthcare Exploration (BHE) is an exciting 3- week summer program that offers high school students the opportunity to learn and innovate in a high-tech, fast-paced medical environment at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Explore healthcare by following a fictional patient through a treatment path
- Test your skills on the da Vinci Surgical System (dVSS®)
- Work with a team to design a medical device
- Prepare for college and learn what to expect on a college campus
- Tour the medical campus and visit a local medical company
- Shadow a professional at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Develop core competencies relevant to succeed in any career you choose
Ride for Roswell:
For the first time, we are creating a BHE team of students and alumni who will come together to support the Ride for Roswell! Students have the option of joining as bike riders or volunteers.
- May and June biking workshops: required for students who will be joining us as bikers, dates to be determined
- June 22: Ride for Roswell, required for all students to attend
- July 8-July 27: Program days, required attendance. The final day is the only weekend day required and is a Saturday. All family and friends welcome!
Am I eligible for this program?
If you are currently in high school you are eligible to apply.
When do I apply?
Anytime between November 12, 2018, and February 15, 2019.
What is the cost of the program?
Program cost $400 due the first day of the program. $35 application fee. Scholarships available for those who are members of the National School Lunch Program. All documentation will be checked at the start of the program.
When will I know if I have been accepted?
Acceptances will be sent Friday, March 29th, 2019 via email.
Where can I get more information or updates on the program?
Like our Facebook page
If you have any questions about the new program, please do not hesitate to contact the ATLAS team at AtlasTeam@RoswellPark.org.
BHE Teaching Assistant
Are you a college student with an interest in healthcare and leadership? Consider joining us as a teaching assistant (TA) this summer! This position is open to the public, though previous participants in the Junior Robotic Surgery Challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Manage programming
- Mentor a team of students
- Experience research in the ATLAS lab
- Network within the Buffalo-Niagara medical community
Applications will close on Friday, March 2nd. Decisions will be shared on Friday, March 29th.
Summer Research Experience Programs in Cancer Science
Are you are a college student, health professional student, or high school junior with a specific interest in research? If cancer research or a PhD degree is your career goal, begin your journey this summer by participating in Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Summer Research Program.