Dr. Young is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Breast Cancer Benign Breast Disease
Special Interests:The effect of tumor biology on accuracy of MRI staging after neoadjuvant treatment for breast cancer Hormonal therapy treatment for breast cancer Hepatitis risk factors and minority populations Breast cancer in young and high-risk women
About Jessica Young
I joined the Surgical Oncology faculty at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 2013 as an Assistant Professor of Surgical Oncology in Breast Surgery. I earned my medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I then completed a General Surgery residency at UPMC-Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh and became certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery in 2012. I completed my Breast Surgical Oncology fellowship at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 2012.
My surgical specialty is in benign and malignant breast disease. I am proficient at both mastectomies and breast-conserving surgical therapies. My primary goal as a breast surgeon is to provide the highest level of care to my patients, in a very confusing and distressing time. With my colleagues at Roswell Park, I am able to offer a strong multi-disciplinary approach to any patient with a breast problem. I believe that every patient should have thorough insight into their breast disease to be able to make the most relevant and appropriate choice for their situation.
I am active in clinical research, with a special interest in high-risk populations, underserved populations, and epidemiology studies. I also actively participate in the training of medical students, surgery residents and surgical oncology and breast fellows. In addition, I participate in community events to improve access and awareness of breast disease in the Buffalo area and surrounding neighborhoods.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Breast Surgery Division, Department of Surgical Oncology
- Breast Oncology Fellowship Program Director
- Director of the Breast Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
State University of New York at Buffalo
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Education and Training:
- MD - Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery, UPMC Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2012 - Breast Surgical Oncology - Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- 2012 - General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Featured on Cancer Talk
Showing all3 of 5 CollapseView all