Dr. Young is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Breast Cancer Benign Breast Disease
Special Interests:The effect of tumor biology on accuracy of MRI staging after neoadjuvant treatment for breast cancer Hormonal therapy treatment for breast cancer Breast cancer in young and high-risk women
About Jessica Young
I joined the Surgical Oncology faculty at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 2013 as an Assistant Professor of Surgical Oncology in Breast Surgery. I earned my medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I then completed a General Surgery residency at UPMC-Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh and became certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery in 2012. I completed my Breast Surgical Oncology fellowship at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 2012.
My surgical specialty is in benign and malignant breast disease. I am proficient at both mastectomies and breast-conserving surgical therapies. My primary goal as a breast surgeon is to provide the highest level of care to my patients, in a very confusing and distressing time. With my colleagues at Roswell Park, I am able to offer a strong multi-disciplinary approach to any patient with a breast problem. I believe that every patient should have thorough insight into their breast disease to be able to make the most relevant and appropriate choice for their situation.
I am active in clinical research, with a special interest in high-risk populations, underserved populations, and epidemiology studies. I also actively participate in the training of medical students, surgery residents and surgical oncology and breast fellows. In addition, I participate in community events to improve access and awareness of breast disease in the Buffalo area and surrounding neighborhoods.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Breast Surgery Division, Department of Surgical Oncology
- Breast Oncology Fellowship Program Director
- Director of the Breast Cancer Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
State University of New York at Buffalo
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Education and Training:
- MD - Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery, UPMC Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2012 - Breast Surgical Oncology - Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- 2012 - General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Featured on Cancer Talk
Showing all3 of 5 CollapseView all