Eunice Wang, MD
Eunice Wang, MD
Dr. Eunice Wang joined the faculty of Roswell Park Cancer Institute in 2003 and was appointed to the Leukemia Service of the Department of Medicine. She earned her medical degree from the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California and completed residency training in Internal Medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University, New Haven, CT in 1999. From 1999 to 2003, she completed a clinical hematology-oncology and research fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Wang is licensed in New York State and is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine 1999; Medical Oncology, 2002; Medical Hematology, 2004). She also is an Assistant Professor, School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, University of Buffalo. She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association for Cancer Research, and American Society of Hematology.
Dr. Wang has authored or co-authored several journal articles, abstracts and book chapters. In addition to her clinical practice, she maintains an active translational laboratory research program into the role of angiogenesis and telomerase in the hematological malignancies.
- Griffiths EA, Carter-Cooper B, Ford LA, Lapidus R, Wetzler M, Wang ES, Etemadi A, Emadi A. Presence of isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) mutations may predict clinical response to hypomethylating agents in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematology, 2015 Feb 4.
- Mei L, Ontiveros EP, Griffiths EA, Thompson JE, Wang ES, Wetzler M. Pharmacogenetics predictive of response and toxicity in acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy. Blood Rev 2015 Jan 10 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25614322. No PMCID.
- Talati C, Ontiveros EP, Griffiths EA, Wang ES, Wetzler M. How we will treat chronic myeloid leukemia in 2016. Blood Rev 2014 Dec 17 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 255555325. No PMCID.
- Pailler MD, Johnson TM, Zevon MA, Kuszczak S, Griffiths E, Thompson J, Wang ES, Wetzler M. Acceptability, Feasibility, and Efficacy of a Supportive Group Intervention for Caregivers of Newly Diagnosed Leukemia Patients. J Psychosocial Oncology, 2015 Jan 14 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25587747. No PMCID.
- Deeb KK, Smonskey MT, Defedericis H-C, Deeb G, Sait SNJ, Wetzler M, Wang ES, Starostik P. Deletion and deletion/insertion mutations in the juxtamembrane domain of the FLT-3 gene in adult acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res Rep Oct 16;3(2): 86-9, 2014. PMID: 25379410. PMCID: PMC4220013.
- Al Ustwani O, Griffiths EA, Wang ES, Wetzler M. Omacetaxine mepussecinate in chronic myeloid leukemia. Expert Opin Pharmacother Nov 15(16): 2397-405, 2014. PMID: 25301179. No PMCID.
- Wang ES, Wetzler M. An oncologist's perspective on metformin use and acute lymphoblastic leukemia outcomes. J Pharmacology Practice, 2014, commentary in press.
- Freyer CW, Gupta N, Wetzler M, Wang ES. Revisiting the role of cladribine in acute myeloid leukemia: an improvement on past accomplishments or more old news? Am J Hematol 2015 Jan 90(1): 62-72, 2015. PMID: 25284482. No PMCID.
- Wang ES. Treating acute myeloid leukemia in older adults. Hematology American Society Hematol Education Program, 2014 in press. No PMID/PMCID.
- Griffiths EA, Golding MC, Srivastava P, Povinelli BJ, James SR, Ford LA, Wetzler M, Wang ES, Nemeth MJ. Pharmacologic targeting of beta-catenin has diverse effects in normal karyotype acute myeloid leukemia blasts. Haematologica, online Nov 7, 2014 [Epub ahead of print]. No PMCID.
- Smith MB, Griffiths EA, Thompson JE, Wang ES, Wetzler M, Freyer C. High pseudotumor cerebri incidence in tretinoin and arsenic treated acute promyelocytic leukemia and the role of topiramate in acetazolamide non-response cases. Leuk Res Rep 3(2): 62-6, 2014. PMCID: PMC4145165.
- Prebet T, Sun Z, Figueroa ME, Ketterling R, Melnick A, Greenberg PL, Herman J, Juckett M, Wang ES, Smith MR, Malick L, Paietta E, Czader M, Litzow M, Gabrilove J, Erba HP, Gore SD, Tallman MS. Prolonged administration of azacitidine with or without entinostat for myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia-related changes: results of the US Leukemia Intergroup Trial E1905. J Clin Oncol 32 (12): 1242-8, 2014. PMCID: PMC3986386.
- Chen GL, Liu H, Zhang Y, Hahn T, Thomas J, Ross M, Wang ES, Wetzler M, McCarthy P. Early versus standard timing of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (alloHCT) in relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Biol Blood Marrow Transplant Sep 20(9): 1369-74, 2014. Epub 2014 May 24. PMID: 24867777. PMCID: PMC4292802.
- Yee K, Storring JM, Buckstein R, Wells RA, Xenocostas A, Kovacs MJ, Howson-Jan K, Wang ES, Battista K, Wang L, Oza AM, Ivy SP, Schuh AC. Sunitinib malate in patients with intermediate-2 or high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome or chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma 55(11): 2669-71, 2014. PMID: 24611649. No PMCID.
- Deeb G, Wang E, Wallace P. Case Study Interpretation- Fort Lauderdale: Case 3. Cytometry B Clin Cytom, Dec 14, 2013 [Epub ahead of print]. No PMCID.
- Portwood S, Lal D, Hsu Y-C, Vargas R, Johnson MK, Wetzler M, Hart CP, Wang ES. Activity of the hypoxia-activated prodrug, TH-302, in preclinical acute myeloid leukemia (AML) models. Clin Cancer Res 19(23): 6506-19. PMID: 24088735. No PMCID.
- O'Donnell MR, Tallman MS, Abboud CN, Altman JK, Appelbaum FR, Arber DA, Attar E, Borate U, Coutre SE, Damon LE, Lancet J, Maness LJ, Marcucci G, Martin MG, Millenson MM, Moore JO, Ravandi F, Shami PJ, Smith BD, Stone RM, Strickland SA, Wang ES, Gregory KM, Naganuma M. Acute myeloid leukemia, version 2.2013. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 11(9): 1047- 55, 2013. PMCID: PMC4161234.
- Lee HJ, Muindi JR, Tan W, Hu Q, Wang D, Liu S, Wilding GE, Ford LA, Sait SNJ, Block AW, Adjei AA, Barcos M, Griffiths EA, Thompson JE, Wang ES, Johnson CS, Trump DL, Wetzler M. Low 25(OH) vitamin D3 Levels are associated with adverse outcome in newly diagnosed intensively treated adult acute myeloid leukemia patients. Cancer 120(4): 521-9, 2014. PMCID: PMC3948325.
- Vigil CE, Tan W, Deeb G, Sait SNJ, Block AW, Starostik P, Griffiths EA, Thompson JE, Green JD, Ford LA, Wang ES, Wetzler M. Phase II trial of clofarabine and daunorubicin as induction therapy for acute myeloid leukemia patients greater than or equal to 60 years of age. Leuk Res 37(11): 1468-71, 2013. PMID: 24011826. PMCID: PMC3818466.
- Gupta N, Wang ES. Long-term response of refractory primary cold agglutinin disease to eculizumab therapy. Ann Hematology May 31, 2013 [epub ahead of print]. No PMCID.
- Brady MT, Miller A, Sait SN, Ford LA, Minderman H, Wang ES, Lee KP, Baumann H, Wetzler M. Down-regulation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 improves human acute myeloid leukemia-derived dendritic cell function. Leuk Res 37(7): 822-8, 2013. PMID: 23628554. PMCID: PMC3672324.