Ride Weekend begins with the Celebration of Hope on Friday, June 21, from 5-8 p.m. at the University at Buffalo North Campus in Amherst. Free and open to the public, the evening features:
- A grand procession of patients, survivors, doctors, caregivers and researchers representing Roswell Park’s clinical departments
- Arrival of the Extra Mile Club Peloton
- A tribute to those who will be honored or remembered by riders during The Ride
- The ceremonial lighting of The Ride For Roswell torch (Read about Michelle Dvorak-Held, this year’s torch-lighter, whose sister, Janice Trudnowski, donated the victory bell to Roswell Park.)
- A chance to learn about the cutting-edge research at Roswell Park that’s made possible by those who participate in or donate to The Ride
- Family-friendly activities and entertainment, including live music provided by Musicians Against Cancer
- Food and beverages available for purchase (and a beer and wine garden that will remain open until 9:30 p.m.)
The Ride — the largest one-day cycling fundraiser in the Northeast — takes place the following day at the U.B. North Campus. Every year the event attracts more than 10,000 riders, volunteers and supporters, who work together to raise millions of dollars to fund cancer research and quality-of-life programs for our patients. Find out how to ride or become a virtual rider.
We hope to see you there!