Directions & Maps
Located on 27 acres in downtown Buffalo, between the shores of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, Roswell Park Cancer Institute is a 10-minute drive from the Canadian border.
It is served by the new Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, which offers 110 daily non-stop flights, and the Niagara Falls International airport, which accommodates international charter and cargo flights.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Main Campus
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, New York 14263
People needing a specific street address for GPS service may use the address of our parking ramp, which is located across the street from our main entrance, on the corner of Carlton and Elm Streets:
665 Elm Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Please note that the above address is NOT Roswell Park's mailing address.
From Within the United States
- Take the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) to Exit 51W (Route 33 West, also called the Kensington Expressway)
- Exit Route 33 West at Locust St.
- Turn right at the first traffic light (Michigan Avenue)
- Continue on Michigan Avenue for two blocks to Carlton Street
- Turn left at the traffic signal onto Carlton Street
- Take the QEW toward Buffalo, NY
- Cross the Peace Bridge into the U.S.
- Follow signs for the I-190 South to the Elm Street exit
- At the end of Elm Street, turn left onto Goodell Street
- Merge into the right lane and turn right onto Ellicott Street
- Take Ellicott Street to Carlton Street
- Turn right onto Carlton Street
Returning to Canada
- From Carlton or High Streets, proceed west to Main Street
- Turn right onto Main Street
- Turn left on to North Street
- Take North Street (which becomes Porter Avenue) and look for signs to enter the Peace Bridge
- Turn right on to Bridge Plaza
Roswell Park's parking garage is on the southeast corner of Carlton and Elm Streets, across from the hospital's main entrance. Clearance in the parking garage is 6'5". Valet parking is also available.
Travel by Plane
Buffalo/Niagara International Airport is is approximately six miles from RPCI. Many area hotels offer shuttle bus transportation from the airport. Alternately, there is taxi service. Rental cars are also available.
Travel by Bus
Buffalo is served by a number of bus lines. Buses arrive at the main bus station, which is approximately two miles from RPCI. Learn more at the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) website which includes routes, schedules and fare information, or call 716-855-7211.
Travel by Metro Rail
RPCI is easily accessed by the city's Metro rail. The Allen/Medical Campus Station is located within one city block of RPCI at Main and Allen streets. For schedules and fare information, visit call the NFTA website or call 716-855-7211.
Travel by Train
Rail service to Buffalo is provided by Amtrak. There is taxi service available from the train station.