Human Factors Engineer
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Education and Training:
University at Buffalo, PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 2012-2017
Sharif University of Technology, MS in Propulsion, 2006-2008
- Somayeh B. Shafiei, Ahmed A. Hussein, Sarah F. Muldoon, Guru, Khurshid A. "Functional Brain States Measure Mentor-Trainee Trust During Robot-Assisted Surgery", Scientific Reports, 2018.
- Somayeh B. Shafiei, Ahmed A. Hussein, Guru, Khurshid A. "Cognitive learning and its future in urology:surgical skills teaching and assessment." Current Opinion in Urology 27, no. 4 (2017): 342-347.
- Guru, Khurshid A., Somayeh B. Shafiei, Atif Khan, Ahmed A. Hussein, Mohamed Sharif, and Ehsan T. Esfahani. "Understanding cognitive performance during robot-assisted surgery." Urology 86, no. 4 (2015):751-757.
- Ahmed A. Hussein, Somayeh B. Shafiei, Mohamed Sharif, Ehsan Esfahani, Basel Ahmad, Justen D. Kozlowski, Zishan Hashmi, and Khurshid A. Guru. "Technical mentorship during robotic assisted surgery: a cognitive analysis." British Journal of Urology(BJU) international, (2016).
- Somayeh Besharat Shafiei, Lora Cavuoto, Khurshid A Guru, "Motor Skill Evaluation During Robot-Assisted Surgery", ASME 2017 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, 2017.