Dr. Fung-Kee-Fung is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Top Doctors 2023
Specializing In:Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) Locally-Advanced Breast Cancer Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ Prone-positioning Radiation Delivery Deep-Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) Palliative Radiotherapy Radiotherapy for benign conditions
Research Interests:Personalized Radiotherapy for Breast Cancer - including de-escalation for patients with low-risk breast cancer, and addition of radiosensitizer drug to radiation for inflammatory breast cancer Quality of life during and after radiation therapy Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
About Simon Fung-Kee-Fung
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor
- Director, Radiation Oncology Residency Program
- Director, Breast Radiation Service
- Department of Radiation Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Department of Radiation Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2011 - Internship - Internal Medicine - University at Buffalo, School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- 2010 - MD - University at Buffalo, School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- 2015 - Radiation Oncology - University at Buffalo, School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
- American Board of Radiology
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
Honors & Awards:
- 2019-2023 - Buffalo Spree Top Doctor
- 2018, 2021 - ARRO Educator of the Year Award Recipient
- 2017, 2022 - Walter T. Murphy Teaching Award Recipient
- 2014 - RSNA Resident/Fellow Research Award
- 2013 - RSNA Resident/Fellow Research Award
- 2013 - Roswell Park Alliance Foundation Quality of Life Funding Grant
- 2011 - Lawrence H. Golden MD Intern Award
- 2006 - University at Buffalo School of Medicine Alumni Scholarship
Featured on Cancer Talk
- Fung-Kee-Fung, SD. Theraputic approaches in the management of locally advanced rectal cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2014 Oct;5(5):353-61.
- Fung-Kee-Fung SD, Porten SP, Meng MV, Kuettel M. The role of active surveillance in the management of prostate cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2013 Feb 1;11(2):183-7.
- Fung Kee Fung SD, Warren GW, Singh AK. Hope for progress after 40 years of futility? Novel approaches in the treatment of advanced stage III and IV non-small-cell-lung cancer: Stereotactic body radiation therapy, mediastinal lymphadenectomy, and novel systemic therapy. J Carcinog 2012;11:20.
- Fung-Kee-Fung SD, Hackett R, Hales L, Warren G.W., Singh A.K. A prospective trial of volumetric intensity-modulated arc therapy vs. conventional intensity modulated radiation therapy in advanced head and neck cancer. World J Clin Oncol 3(4):57-62. Published online 2012 April 10.