Dr. Sheila Sait joined the staff of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park) in 1988. She earned her doctoral degree in Cancer Genetics at Bangalore University, Bangalore, India (1985). She did postdoctoral fellowships both at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and at the Genetics Center of Southwest Biomedical Research Institute, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Dr. Sait has faculty appointments in the Department of Cancer Pathology and Prevention at the State University of New York at Buffalo and at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. She holds a Certificate of Qualification, to serve as Director of a Clinical Cytogenetics Laboratory in New York State. Dr. Sait has also been a mentor to high school students, college students and pathology residents.
Dr. Sait's research interests include leukemia and lymphomas and chromosomal analysis of solid tumors. She is a member of the American Society of Human Genetics and has authored or co-authored over 201 publications, book chapters and abstracts.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Director of Clinical Cytogenetics Laboratory and Research Coordinator
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Education and Training:
- 1985 - PhD - Cancer Genetics, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Genetics Center, Southwest Biomedical Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ
- Certificate of Qualification, Clinical Cytogenetics Laboratory Director, New York State
Honors & Awards:
- American Society of Human Genetics