Dr. Moysich joined the staff of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in 1998 and was appointed as Professor of Oncology and Full Member in the Department of Cancer Prevention and Control in 2009. She also serves as Professor and Academic Program Chair, Department of Cancer Pathology and Prevention and Professor, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Dr. Moysich earned her doctoral degree in Epidemiology and Community Health and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Social and Preventative Medicine at SUNY Buffalo.
Dr. Moysich has authored or co-authored more than 200 peer-reviewed journal publications. She is an ad-hoc reviewer for more than 30 journals and has participated in over 20 study sections since 2003. She is currently a permanent member of the National Cancer Institute Subcommittee J – Population and Patient-Orientated Training Review Group. Dr. Moysich serves on numerous national and international advisory committees, including the Scientific Advisory Board for the Sister Study, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and the Scientific Advisory Board, Exposure and Human Health Committee, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Dr. Moysich maintains an active teaching and mentoring schedule. She has served as the primary or co-mentor of over 30 MS or PhD students since 2000. Dr. Moysich has taught PTR 525 Cancer Epidemiology since 1998 and gives frequent guest lectures at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and the State University of New York at Buffalo. She is also very involved with the cancer advocacy community and has given numerous local and national presentations on a variety of cancer related topics. Dr. Moysich serves on the faculty of the National Breast Cancer Coalition’s Project Lead program and as a Member of the Healthcare Advisory Council of Gilda’s Club Western New York.
In addition to her other research and academic pursuits, Dr. Moysich hosts an annual lecture series in honor of Dr. Julie Baker, a talented and much loved and respected student, physician, and researcher who did her medical and epidemiology training at UB and Roswell Park. Watch the presentation of the 2015 Dr. Julie Baker Memorial Lecture.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Distinguished Professor of Oncology
- Department of Cancer Prevention and Control
- Professor, Department of Immunology
State University of New York at Buffalo
- Professor and Academic Program Chair, Department of Cancer Pathology and Prevention
- Research Professor, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine
Education and Training:
- PhD - Epidemiology and Community Health, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Social and Preventative Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American College of Epidemiology
- International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
- Molecular Epidemiology Group
- Women in Cancer Research