Dr. Dakwar is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Minimally invasive surgery (MIS), such as robotic, laparoscopic and single-incision surgery Hereditary and familial colon cancer Inflammatory Bowel Disease associated cancers
Research Interests:Complex colon and rectal cancer Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) pathways Development of new technologies for surgical advancement
About Anthony Dakwar
Dr. Anthony Dakwar is a fellowship trained Colon and Rectal Surgeon, specializing in treatment of complex colorectal cancers. He takes special interest in treating hereditary and familial colon cancer syndromes, along with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) associated cancers.
His expertise in minimally invasive surgery (MIS), such as robotic, laparoscopic, and single-incision surgery allows patients to complete their treatments and recover in an enhanced, and optimized fashion.
Being a colorectal surgeon, he brings a unique skill set of being able to treat a multitude of complex colorectal diseases and perform complex pelvic surgery.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Surgical Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2008-2012 - MD, Techinion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 2003-2007 - BS - State University of New York At Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2012-2018 - General surgery, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- 2018-2019 - Colon and rectal surgery, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- 2019-2021 - Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Florida, Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
Rectal Cancer therapies
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) pathways
Development of new technologies for surgical advancement
Featured on Cancer Talk
Showing all3 of 7 CollapseView all