My aspirations for a career in medicine started from an early age as the daughter of a nurse and chemist. A Delaware native, my formative years were spent in Baltimore, MD where I completed my undergraduate and medical education. My interactions as a medical student with patients affected by such life-changing illness as cancer inspired me to pursue a career in gynecologic oncology.
As a resident physician at University of Maryland Medical Center, my personal interest in health disparities among the Deaf and Hard of Hearing population further influenced my professional and clinical experiences. As my time as a trainee in the Mid-Atlantic ended, I consider myself fortunate to realize my career goals as a gynecologic oncology fellow at Roswell Park. The opportunity to learn from such innovative physicians at a state-of-the-art institution will equip me with the skills necessary to provide comprehensive care to women affected by gynecologic malignancies.
My research pursuits have included risk reduction for surgical site infection, investigational therapies for uterine sarcomas and ovarian cancer. It is upon these foundations I hope to continue to grow at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
I am a junior fellow in the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as well as a fellow-in-training member of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2013 - MD - University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 2014-2017 - Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences - University of Maryland Medical Systems, Baltimore, MD
- 2021 (anticipated) - Advanced Gynecologic Oncology - Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- 2016 – Present - Member, Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- 2010 – Present - Junior Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists