Rodney C. Haring, PhD, MSW is research faculty at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Cancer Prevention and Populations Sciences Division. Dr. Haring is also adjunct faculty at the Native American Research and Training Center, University of Arizona. He is a National Congress of American Indians scholar, past fellow of the Spirit of EAGLES Program at the Mayo Clinic, and a former Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Connections Grantee. He is also the founder of One Feather Consulting, a joint venture company with Chestnut Global Partners. Dr. Haring (Beaver Clan) is an enrolled member of the Seneca Nation of Indians and resides on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation with his family.
He holds a doctoral degree in social work and is the past co-chair of the Native Research Network. He has evaluation and research experience from the University of Arizona, Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Stony Brook, and in the private sector. Dr. Haring is a past research advisor to the National Institutes of Health, American Indian/Alaska Native Health Research Advisory Council.
In 2010, Dr. Haring was an expert panel member to the United States Department of Education, the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, Executive Office to the President.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Office of Community Outreach and Engagement
- Department of Cancer Prevention and Control
Education and Training:
- 2007 - PhD - Social Work/Social Welfare, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2002 - MSW - State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- New York State Master Social Worker
- License Number: 066909
- 2012-present - Native American SUNY: Western Consortium Network Advisory Member
- 2013-2014 - Native Research Network, Outgoing Chair
- 2011-2013 - Native Research Network, Co-Chair
- 2011-2013 - Native Research Network, Governance Sub-Committee
- 2010-2011 - Native Research Network, Incoming Co-Chair
- 2009-2010 - Native Research Network Research Ethics Sub-Committee
- 2009-2010 - Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Member
- 2009-2010 - Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Native American Chapter, Member
- 2009-2010 - National Association of Social Work Appointed Member, Private Practice Specialty Practice Section Committee
- Founder, One Feather Consulting