Ensuring the highest standards of conduct
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is dedicated to providing training, support and educational resources to ensure that faculty and staff are knowledgeable regarding compliance issues, that expectations are clearly communicated, and that processes are in place to prevent and detect violations.
- We’re committed to the highest standards of ethical and legal conduct in carrying out the NIH mission of patient care, education and research.
- Our administrators and faculty are expected to act in accordance with all regulations that govern research sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- It is our policy and our obligation to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, both civil and criminal, including those that pertain to the tax-exempt status of the Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center Corporation.
In addition to complying with the law, we also require staff to comply with our strict institutional Code of Conduct and additional standards of conduct that may be adopted by the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer or the Corporate Compliance Committee.
NIH policies and resources
- NIH Grants Policy Statement: A summary of all policies applicable to NIH-funded research.
- NIH Guide: Recent policy updates, requests for applications, and program announcements; faculty are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the weekly email notification of the NIH Guide.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research: An accessible overview of issues relating to NIH-funded research.
- NIH Forms Library: A comprehensive inventory of forms, instructions, and format pages for each stage of the grant life cycle.
Roswell Park policies and resources
The following policies can be found in the Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center Policies & Procedures Manual, available on our internal web site.
- Ethics in Research
- Financial Conflict of Interest
- Use of Animals in Research
- Materials Transfer Agreement
- Technology Transfer
- Clinical Research Services
- Compliance Education
Executive Director, Research Subject Protection