Click here to download our informational flyer.
Whether you are ready to quit tobacco or just thinking about quitting, we can help. Your cancer care team includes certified Tobacco Treatment Specialists who understand the specific needs of Roswell Park patients.
- Increase your readiness, confidence and motivation to quit
- Develop a tailored quit plan with you
- Provide tools to make quitting easier
- Offer you convenient telephone and/or group treatment sessions
Your treatment plan will be tailored to your needs. We will:
- Increase your readiness to quit
- Increase your confidence and motivation to quit
- Recommend medications to help you quit
- Address barriers to quitting tobacco
Understand and Manage Barriers to Quitting
Together, we will overcome barriers to quitting. Common barriers include stress, negative emotions, habits, withdrawal symptoms and challenging situations.
To find the best medication options for you, your Tobacco Treatment Specialist will work with:
- Your Cancer Care Team
- The New York State Smokers’ Quitline
- Your health care plan
- Your primary care provider
Committed to your success
Quitting tobacco helps to:
- Make your cancer treatment more effective
- Reduce side effects
- Reduce your chances of cancer recurrence
- Lower your risk of death from other causes
Telephone and small group sessions are offered during the day and evening.
Telephone sessions are about 20-30 minutes long. Group sessions are one hour long and take place in convenient locations on the Roswell Park campus. Free parking options are available
What Patients are Saying
“I found the extra support and tools that I needed to quit.”
“It’s nice to relate to other patients who are facing the same struggles...I like that we quit together.”
“Thank goodness Rich called me.”
Who is Eligible and How To Sign Up
All patients receiving care at Roswell Park are eligible. We reach out to all patients who use tobacco, but you can always contact us.
Phone: 716-845-1300 ext. 7851