About Patrick Emmerling
Patrick Emmerling, PhD, MBA, joined the team at Roswell Park as Senior Licensing Manager in March 2015. In his current role as Director, Dr. Emmerling continues to work closely with Roswell Park inventors to facilitate the disclosure of new innovations; to develop and execute appropriate patenting and marketing strategies; assist Roswell Park inventors identify and apply for internal and external sources of technology development funding to de-risk their technologies, and negotiate license agreements with established and/or start-up companies to enable successful commercialization. Prior to coming to Roswell Park, Dr. Emmerling worked for four years as a Licensing Manager at the University of Rochester where he managed a large and diverse portfolio of physical and biomedical technologies.
Dr. Emmerling earned his bachelor of arts degree in Chemistry from the College of the Holy Cross, his doctoral degree in Physical Chemistry from The State University of New York at Buffalo, and his master of business administration degree from the Simon Business School at the University of Rochester.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Technology Transfer and Commercial Development
Education and Training:
- 2008 - PhD - Physical Chemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2009 - MBA - Simon Business School at University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- 2002 - BA - Chemistry, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP)