Prostate Cancer Early Detection Event
Thursday, November 16, 2023
3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
1 Seymour H Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203
Pre-registration for this event is now closed.
Roswell Park is proud to be the Official and Exclusive Comprehensive Cancer Care Provider and Health System of the Buffalo Sabres.
What to expect:
- This is a complete prostate cancer screening! Once you check-in, you will proceed to get a PSA blood test, then will meet with a Roswell Park expert to have a chat about your family history, and then will have a digital rectal exam.
- Free parking is available in the KeyBank Center ramp.
- Plan to arrive at the check-in time you chose during registration. However, your check-in time is not an appointment time and you may experience a wait time.
- During your wait, you can visit wellness vendors, educational tables, and enjoy light refreshments.
- You’ll have the chance to meet Sabres alumni and tour KeyBank Center!
- Support small businesses and get a head-start on holiday shopping at our Vendor Village. Guests are welcome to shop while patients are screened! Including:
- Handcrafted goods
- Buffalo themed items
- Self-care and wellness products
- Food vendors and more!
Sign up today! Attending this event has the potential to save your life!
Who is eligible?
- Men aged 45 – 69
- Men aged 40 – 69 who:
- are African American
- are Ashkenazi Jewish
- have a familial BRCA mutation
- have a familial history of prostate cancer
- have been exposed to agent orange
Men aged 70 and older will not be screened at this event. Current Roswell Park patients in the Genitourinary (GU) Clinic will also be ineligible for screening.
Did you know?
One in eight men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. BUT with early detection, 90% of these cancers will be cured! You can read some of the most frequently asked questions about prostate cancer before the event.