Dr. Glaser is an Assistant Professor of Oncology in the Department of Cancer Prevention and Control and joined in 2016. She earned a PhD in Cultural Anthropology from the University at Buffalo in 2015.
Dr. Glaser is a medical anthropologist advancing research directed toward reducing, eliminating and preventing health disparities. Dr. Glaser is currently working on expanding cancer screening services at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center with a goal of reducing cancer health disparities.
Dr. Glaser’s research focuses on health disparities related to chronic illness including cancer, particularly the illness experience, prevention, and utilization of medical systems. Her work has primarily focused on underserved communities with an emphasis on immigrants and refugees.
- Fox CH, Swanson A, Kahn LS, Glaser K, Murray BM. Improving Chronic Kidney Disease Care in Primary Care Practices: An Upstate New York Practice-based Research Network (UNYNET) Study. J Am Board Fam Med 2008; 21(6):522-30
- Wentworth AL, Fox CH, Kahn LS, Glaser K, Cadzow R. Two Years After a Quality Improvement Intervention for Chronic Kidney Disease Care in a Primary Care Office. American Journal of Medical Quality 2011; 26(3):200-5 Kahn LS, Glaser K, Fox CH, Patterson A. Diabetes Educators in Safety-Net Practices: A Qualitative Study. DiabetesEduc 2011; 26(3):200-5
- Kahn L S, Tumiel-Berhalter L, D'Aniello R, Danzo A, Fox CH, Taylor J, Holland S, Glaser K, Patel V, Glick M. The impacts of "growing our own": a pilot project to address health disparities by training health professionals to become certified diabetes educators in safety net practices. Diabetes Educator 2012; 38(1):86-93.
- Kahn LS, Vest BM, Karl R, Tumiel-Berhalter L, Taylor R, Schuster RC, Glaser K, Danakas A, Fox CH. Living with diabetes on Buffalo, New York's culturally diverse West Side. Chronic Illness 2012; 9(1):43-56.
- Vest BM, Kahn LS, Danzo A, Tumiel-Berhalter L, Schuster RC, Karl R, Taylor R, Glaser K, Danakas A, Fox CH. Diabetes Self-management in a Low-income Population: Impacts of social support and relationships with the health care system. Chronic Illness 2013; 9(2):145-155.
- Glaser KM, Nichols C, Wangai S, Lawton B, Reid ME, Erwin DO. If you understand the gut of a goat, does it help prepare for a colonoscopy? Practicing Anthropology 2016; 38(4): 46-48. My NCBI Link: