Dr. Carozza is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Pain and symptom management Serious illness communication
Research Interests:Quality of life
About Desi Carozza
Desi Carozza, M.D., is an Assistant Professor at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at SUNY at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences.
Dr. Carozza earned her medical degree at Drexel University College of Medicine and completed a residency in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics at University of Tennessee Health Sciences. She went on to complete fellowships in Geriatrics and Palliative Care and Hospice from the University of Colorado in Aurora, Colorado.
She is boarded by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Palliative Care and Hospice, and Geriatrics. She joined the Roswell Park faculty in 2019 in the Department of Supportive Care.
Dr. Carozza specializes is in the field of palliative medicine with a focus on communication and complex decision making. She serves on the High Risk Surgical Committee and Ethics Committee at Roswell Park and has a strong interest in graduate medical education for all learners.
She has delivered a number of invited lectures and published academic articles. Her educational and scholarly activities have been recognized by Buffalo Spree’s Top Doctors.
Her clinical focus includes symptom management for patients with complex illness and advance care planning
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Supportive and Palliative Care
Education and Training:
- 2004-2008 - MD - Drexel College of Medicine, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2008-2012 - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- 2013-2014 - Hospice and Palliative Care, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- 2012-2013 - Geriatrics Fellowship, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hospice and Palliative Care
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
- American Geriatrics Society
Honors & Awards:
- American Hospital Association Next Generation Fellowship