Dr. Carozza is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Pain and symptom management Serious illness communication
Special Interests:Quality of life
About Desi Carozza
My career in medicine was decided early in my life, when a member of my family was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Later, in college, an oncologist I was shadowing suggested becoming a hospice volunteer made her a better physician, so I followed her lead. My medical school experience at Drexel College of Medicine was full of volunteer experiences serving Philadelphia's underserved community for vulnerable populations. From there, I transitioned to my residency at University of Tennessee in Memphis in internal medicine/pediatrics. During that time, my palliative care rotations shaped the provider I was to become. What followed was two fellowships, one in geriatrics and one in hospice and palliative care, learning about how our bodies change with age and serious illness. At the end of my fellowship, I was recruited to UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas to start the ambulatory palliative care clinic at Simmons Cancer Center. From there, I moved to the Cleveland Clinic and was practicing both palliative care and hospice in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Over time, I transitioned to Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center to work exclusively with cancer patients in the ambulatory and inpatient settings.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Supportive and Palliative Care
Education and Training:
- 2004-2008 - MD - Drexel College of Medicine, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2008-2012 - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- 2013-2014 - Hospice and Palliative Care, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- 2012-2013 - Geriatrics Fellowship, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Care