Our world class center
We are among a select group of comprehensive cancer centers in the nation designated by the National Cancer Institute, the only one in the state outside of New York City.
- Our Liver & Pancreas Tumor Center brings together experts and resources from different medical specialties dedicated to treating patients with these complex diagnoses.
Our nationally recognized experts
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based NCCN treatment guidelines used around the world; they write them.
- Roswell Park’s medical oncologist Renuka Iyer, MD, Chief of Gastrointestinal Oncology and Co-Director of the Liver & Pancreas Tumor Center, serves on the NCCN panel that establishes the best practices for the treatment hepatobiliary cancers.
- Our high-volume surgical experience from experienced hepatobiliary surgeons who know how to minimize blood loss and preserve liver tissue to allow for a safe operation on difficult cases.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Our patients with gallbladder or bile duct cancer may opt for a treatment plan that includes:
- Enrolling in clinical trials to access the very latest drugs, immunotherapies and targeted agents — oftentimes years before they become available from other providers.
- Advanced endoscopic procedures for diagnosis — and treatment — at our state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center with onsite pathology to provide immediate, mid-procedure review.
Our quality, comprehensive care
We provide multidisciplinary cancer care that integrates the expertise from several specialists, including surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, oncology-focused gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, dietitians, physical therapists and more. Our comprehensive care includes:
- Nutrition team to help patients overcome dietary challenges resulting from biliary cancer treatment and maximize the ability to meet vital nutrient needs, improve health and promote recovery and healing.
- Supportive care that focuses on you, not just your cancer. Our services include counseling, spiritual care, smoking cessation, pain management, patient retreats and support groups, massage, biofield therapies, and art, music and pet therapy programs.