Specializing In:CRISPR technology Ovarian cancer research Creation of genetically modified cells and preclinical models Genetics
About Aimee Stablewski
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Director; Gene Targeting and Transgenic Shared Resource
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Education and Training:
- 2021 - PhD - Ovarian Cancer, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2002 - MA - Molecular and Cellular Biology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- International Society for Transgenic Technologies
- Advisory Committee: Mouse Genetics and Gene Targeting Core; Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- 2022-Present - Co-Director, Gene Targeting and Transgenic Shared Resource, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 2022-Present - Assistant Professor of Oncology; Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 2016-2021 - Predoctoral candidate in Cellular and Molecular Biology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Roswell Park Division, Buffalo, NY
- 2010-2021 - Assistant Director, Gene Targeting and Transgenic Shared Resource, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo NY,
Honors & Awards:
- 2020 - Nominated to be on the Scientific Advisory Committee for TT2022 (the Transgenic Technologies meeting in Finland)
- 2018 - Nominated to be on the Organizing Committee for TT2019 (the Transgenic Technologies meeting) in Kobe, Japan
- 2016 - Nominated to be on the Organizing Committee for TT2017 (the Transgenic Technologies meeting) in Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2015 - Nominated to be on the Organizing Committee for TT2016 (the Transgenic Technologies meeting) in Prague, Czech Republic
- 2014 - Elected as Executive Board Member: Secretary and Treasurer for International Society for Transgenic Technology
- 2013 - Nominated to be on the Organizing and Scientific Advisory Committee for TT2014 (the Transgenic Technologies meeting) in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2009 - Elected as Executive Committee Member for International Society for Transgenic Technology
- 2008 - Nominated as Co-Evaluator for Faculty of 1000
Hu Z, Li H, Jiang H, Ren Y, Yu X, Qiu J, Stablewski AB, Zhang B, Buck MJ, Feng J. Transient inhibition of mTOR in human pluripotent stem cells enables robust formation of mouse-human chimeric embryos. Sci Adv. 2020;6(20):eaaz0298. Epub 2020/05/20. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aaz0298. PubMed PMID: 32426495; PMCID: PMC7220352
Zhang B, Li H, Hu Z, Jiang H, Stablewski AB, Marzullo BJ, Yergeau DA, Feng J. Generation of mouse-human chimeric embryos. Nat Protoc. 2021 Aug;16(8):3954-3980. doi: 10.1038/s41596-021-00565-7. Epub 2021 Jul 2. PMID: 34215863.
Mistarz A, Graczyk M, Winkler M, Singh PK, Cortes E, Miliotto A, Liu S, Long M, Yan L, Stablewski A, O'Loughlin K, Minderman H, Odunsi K, Rokita H, McGray AJR, Zsiros E, Kozbor D. Induction of cell death in ovarian cancer cells by doxorubicin and oncolytic vaccinia virus is associated with CREB3L1 activation. Mol Ther Oncolytics. 2021 Dec 17;23:38-50. doi: 10.1016/j.omto.2021.04.014. eCollection 2021 Dec 17. PubMed PMID: 34632049; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8479291.
Chinnam M, Xu C, Lama R, Zhang X, Cedeno CD, Wang Y, Stablewski AB, Goodrich DW, Wang X. MDM2 E3 ligase activity is essential for p53 regulation and cell cycle integrity. PLoS Genet. 2022 May 19;18(5):e1010171. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1010171. PMID: 35588102; PMCID: PMC9119546.
Goswami I, Sandlesh P, Stablewski A, Toshkov I, Safina AF, Magnitov M, Wang J, Gurova K. FACT maintains nucleosomes during transcription and stem cell viability in adult mice. EMBO Rep. 2022 Apr 5;23(4):e53684. doi: 10.15252/embr.202153684. Epub 2022 Feb 18. PMID: 35179289; PMCID: PMC8982582.