Robert Fenstermaker, MD
Areas of Expertise:
Brain Tumor Surgery
Skull Base Surgery
Pituitary Tumor Surgery
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Immunotherapy for the treatment of malignant brain tumors
Education and Training:
MD - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH
University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
Neurological Surgery, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (Biochemistry and Pharmacology) Cleveland, OH
- Antitumor cytotoxic T-cell response induced by a survivin peptide mimic. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII 2010; 59(8):1211-1221 .
- KX02 a novel therapeutic for glioma. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2010; 51:1358 .
- Endoscopic sellar floor reconstruction with concha bullosa bone autograft and nasal septal flap: technical case report. Minimally invasive neurosurgery : MIN 2009; 52(2):86-88 .
- Expression of HMP/AN2, a melanoma associated antigen, in murine cerebral gliomas: potential for radioimmunotargeting. Journal of neuro-oncology 2009; 94(1):21-30 .
- Convection enhanced delivery of boronated EGF as a molecular targeting agent for neutron capture therapy of brain tumors. Journal of neuro-oncology 2009; 95(3):355-365 .
- Central nervous system cancers. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2011; 9(4):352-400 .
- Therapeutic effect of a T helper cell supported CTL response induced by a survivin peptide vaccine against murine cerebral glioma. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII 2008; 57(12):1827-1835 .
- Subthalamic nucleus metastasis causing hemichorea-hemiballism treated by gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery. Acta neurochirurgica 2008; 150(4):395-396; discussion 397 .
- Immunization with a mimotope of GD2 ganglioside induces CD8+ T cells that recognize cell adhesion molecules on tumor cells. Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950) 2008; 181(9):6644-6653 .
- Molecular targeting and treatment of composite EGFR and EGFRvIII-positive gliomas using boronated monoclonal antibodies. Clinical cancer research 2008; 14(3):883-891 .
- EGFR Intron Recombination in Human Gliomas: Inappropriate Diversion of V(D)J Recombination? . Current genomics 2007; 8(3):163-170 .
- Intratumoral hemorrhage after remote subtotal microsurgical resection and gamma knife radiosurgery for vestibular schwannoma. Acta neurochirurgica 2007; 149(3):313-316; discussion 316-7 .
- Diagnosis and conservative management of an arteriovenous fistula of the scalp following awake craniotomy for tumor resection. Acta neurochirurgica 2007; 149(7):727-728; discussion 728 .
- Induction of protective immune responses against NXS2 neuroblastoma challenge in mice by immunotherapy with GD2 mimotope vaccine and IL-15 and IL-21 gene delivery. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII 2007; 56(9):1443-1458 .
- Molecular targeting and treatment of an epidermal growth factor receptor-positive glioma using boronated cetuximab. Clinical cancer research 2007; 13(4):1260-1268 .
- Photophysical, electrochemical characteristics and cross-linking of STAT-3 protein by an efficient bifunctional agent for fluorescence image-guided photodynamic therapy. Photochemical and photobiological sciences 2007; 6(12):1257-1267 .
- Aggressive relapse of multiple myeloma with intracerebral extension and associated hemorrhage. Leukemia and lymphoma 2007; 48(6):1228-1230 .
- Intracranial meningiomas in patients with uterine sarcoma treated with long-term megestrol acetate therapy. World neurosurgery 2011; 76(5):477.e16-477.e20 .
- Esthesioneuroblastoma resection via the expanded endonasal endoscopic approach. Neuro-oncology 2011; 13(Suppl. 3):156-157 .
- Metastasis suppressor NM23-H1 promotes repair of UV-induced DNA damage and suppresses UV-induced melanomagenesis. Cancer research 2012; 72(1):133-143 .
- Class I histone deacetylase inhibitor entinostat suppresses regulatory T cells and enhances immunotherapies in renal and prostate cancer models. PloS one 2012; 7(1):e30815 .
- Selective class I HDAC inhibitor SNDX-275 enhances anti-tumor survivin vaccine therapy by suppressing regulatory T cells in a model of prostate cancer. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2011; 52:Abstract #1792 .
- Therapeutic CTL response induced by a survivin molecular mimic vaccine against human glioma. Neuro-oncology 2008; 10(5):809 .
- Tumoral Bing-Neel Syndrome Presenting as a Cerebellar Mass. Journal of neuropathology and experimental neurology 2012; 71(6):600 (Abstract #194) .