Mary Reid, MSPH, PhD
Education and Training:
PhD - Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
MSPH - Department of Epidemiology, Division of Public Health, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
BSN - College of Nursing, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
11/07-5/09 - Associate Professor of Oncology, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
9/02-11/07 - Assistant Professor of Oncology, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
11/05-10/09 - Research Assistant Professor, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
4/04-11/09 - Assistant Professor, Department of Cancer Pathology and Prevention, Graduate College, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
7/01-9/02 - Assistant Professor, Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
5/00-6/01 - Research Instructor, Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
7/99-5/00 - Research Instructor, Arizona Prevention Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
7/98-7/02 - Co-Director, Cancer Prevention and Control Training Program, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
9/89-9/93 - Lecturer in Epidemiology, Social and Behavioral Science Course, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
8/95-7/99 - Research Specialist, Principal, Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
9/87-8/95 - Research Specialist, Principal, Project Director of the Selenium and Cancer Prevention Program, Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
9/85-9/87 - Research Assistant, Division of Public Health, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
6/85-9/85 - Intern, Nutritional Epidemiology, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Statistics and Evaluations Branch, Boston, MA
2010 - DSMB ~ Center for Population Health and Health Disparities, OSU, Columbus, OH
2010 - NLST-ACRIN Scientific Review for Use of Biospecimens
2010 - ACCP Lung Cancer Guidelines III, Lung Cancer Chemoprevention Chapter
2010 - NCCN Lung Screening Consensus Committee Member
2010 - AACR Frontiers of Prevention Program Committee Member
2009 - NCCN, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Database, Local PI
2007 - International Association of the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), Member
2007 - Mock Study Section Member, AARC Grant Writing Workshop for Associate Members, AACR, Los Angeles, CA
2005 - CALGB Prevention Committee Member
2000 - American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO), Member Founding Member for Steering Committee for Junior Members Career Development
1998 - American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), Member
- Analysis of second primary lung cancers in the SEER database. Journal of surgical research 2010; 162(1):1-6 .
- Cruciferous vegetable intake is inversely associated with lung cancer risk among smokers: a case-control study. BMC cancer 2010; 10 :162 .
- The effects of l alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (calcitriol) on the tumor-igenesis of lung squamous cell carcinoma. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2010; 51:460 .
- The effect of secondhand smoke exposure on the association between active cigarette smoking and colorectal cancer. Cancer causes and control : CCC 2010; 21(8):1247-1255 .
- The efficacy of calcitriol therapy in the management of bone loss and fractures: a qualitative review. Osteoporosis international 2010; 21(7):1133-1149 .
- Weekly self-reported tobacco use and cessation during definitive radiotherapy or chemoradiotherapy for head and neck cancer. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2010; 78(3 Suppl. 1):S563 .
- Induction chemotherapy for stage III/IV oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell cancers. Journal of clinical oncology 2010; 28(15 Suppl.):e16012 .
- First-line systemic therapy in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (mNSCLC) patients treated at National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) institutions: An analysis from the NCCN Oncology Outcomes Database Project. Journal of clinical oncology 2010; 28(15 Suppl.):7634 .
- Utilization of adjuvant therapy among completely resected non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Outcomes Database Project. Journal of clinical oncology 2010; 28(15 Suppl.):7017 .
- Erlotinib for metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: first-, second- or third-line setting - does it matter ? A single-institution experience. Oncology 2009; 76(2):85-90 .
- Autofluorescence-guided surveillance for oral cancer. Cancer prevention research (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2009; 2(11):966-974 .
- Examining the association between cigarette smoking and colorectal cancer using historical case-control data. Cancer epidemiology 2009; 33(3-4):182-188 .
- Chronic periodontitis and the incidence of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers and prevention 2009; 18(9):2406-2412 .
- Survival among smokers and nonsmokers in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Cohort. Journal of thoracic oncology 2010; 5(12 Suppl. 7):S513 .
- Paxillin expression and amplification in early lung lesions of high-risk patients, lung adenocarcinoma and metastatic disease. Journal of clinical pathology 2011; 64(1):16-24 .
- The effect of various vitamin D supplementation regimens in breast cancer patients. Breast cancer research and treatment 2011; 127(1):171-177 .
- Wood dust exposure and the risk of upper aero-digestive and respiratory cancers in males. Occupational and environmental medicine 2008; 65(10):647-654 .
- Significance of signet-ring cells in patients with colorectal cancer. Diseases of the colon and rectum 2008; 51(1):50-55 .
- Colorectal cancer occurs earlier in those exposed to tobacco smoke: implications for screening. Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology 2008; 134(7):743-751 .
- The nutritional prevention of cancer: 400 mcg per day selenium treatment. Nutrition and cancer 2008; 60(2):155-163 .
- Molecular epidemiology to better predict lung cancer risk. Clinical lung cancer 2008; 9(3):149-153 .
- A permutation test for a weighted Kaplan-Meier estimator with application to the nutritional prevention of cancer trial. Contemporary clinical trials 2007; 28(4):343-347 .
- Selenium metabolites in urine of cancer patients receiving L-selenomethionine at high doses. Toxicology and applied pharmacology 2007; 220(2):211-215 .
- Autofluorescence bronchoscopy for lung cancer surveillance based on risk assessment. Thorax 2007; 62(4):335-340 .
- Challenges in array comparative genomic hybridization for the analysis of cancer samples. Genetics in medicine 2007; 9(9):585-595 .
- Pneumonectomy for bronchogenic carcinoma: analysis of factors predicting survival. Annals of thoracic surgery 2007; 83(5):1831-1836 .
- Hormone replacement therapy as a risk factor for non-small cell lung cancer: results of a case-control study. Oncology 2007; 73(5-6):305-310 .
- Effects of long-term selenium supplementation on the incidence of type 2 diabetes: a randomized trial. Annals of internal medicine 2007; 147(4):217-223 .
- Lymphatic vessel density is not associated with lymph node metastasis in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Archives of pathology and laboratory medicine 2008; 132(12):1882-1888 .
- Vitamin D receptor expression in normal, premalignant, and malignant human lung tissue. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers and prevention 2008; 17(5):1104-1110 .
- Chronic periodontitis and the risk of tongue cancer. Archives of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery 2007; 133(5):450-454 .
- Previous head and neck cancers portend poor prognoses in lung cancer patients. Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(3):1056-1061 .
- The effects of vitamin D on the tumorigenesis of lung squamous cell carcinoma in a carcinogen incduced mouse model. Journal of thoracic oncology 2011; 6(6 Suppl. 2):S939-S940 .
- Aggressive end-of-life (EOL) chemotherapy (CT) use in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (mNSCLC): A National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) outcomes database analysis : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):7537 .
- An institutional universal standardized tobacco use assessment and intervention in cancer patients : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):e16543 .
- Prospective structured smoking behavior assessment at diagnosis and long-term cancer survival : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):1557 .
- Analysis of bronchial histology and incident lung cancer - a prospective approach. Journal of thoracic oncology 2009; 4(9 Suppl. 1):S490-S491 .
- A distributed bronchial mapping software tool for the tracking of cellular, molecular and imaging results in the central airways. Journal of thoracic oncology 2009; 4(9 Suppl. 1):S339 .
- Downregulation of PDEF expression in lung carcinoma is associated with up regulation of survivin and malignant potential. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:797 .
- Paxillin in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) development and progression: immunohistochemical, molecular, and epidemiological analysis of transbronchial biopsies from high-risk patients. Histopathology 2008; 53:813 .
- Autofluorescence detection of oral malignancies. Oral oncology 2007; 2(Suppl.):121 .
- The prevalence and persistence of premalignant lesions: a report of a high risk lung cancer cohort. Journal of thoracic oncology 2007; 2(8 Suppl.):S331-S332 .
- Biomarkers of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-DNA damage and cigarette smoke exposure. Journal of thoracic oncology 2009; 4(9 Suppl. 1):S164 .
- Effects of selenium supplementation on type 2 diabetes incidence: Secondary analyses in a randomized clinical trial. Circulation 2007; 115(8):E226 .
- Aberrant crypt foci characterization in selected colorectal cancer risk groups. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:397 .
- Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in epithelial dysplasia of oral cavity and oropharynx: a meta-analysis, 1985-2010. Oral oncology 2011; 47(11):1048-1054 .
- Pretreatment nutritional status and locoregional failure of patients with head and neck cancer undergoing definitive concurrent chemoradiation therapy. Head and neck 2011; 33(11):1561-1568 .
- Oncology Medication Utilization Based On Federal Drug Administration (FDA) Labeling, National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Clinical Practice Guideline (GL) Recommendations, and Evidence for Patients with Advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): An Analysis From the NCCN Oncology Outcomes Database. Value in health 2011; 14(3):A176-A177 .
- Lung cancer screening. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2012; 10(2):240-265 .
- Predicting NSCLC outcomes based on tumor growth in SCID mice. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2011; 52:Abstract #1610 .
- Number of lymph nodes and metastatic lymph node ratio are associated with survival in lung cancer. Annals of thoracic surgery 2012; 93(5):1614-1619; discussion 1619-1620 .
- The role of biomarkers in cancer clinical trials. Seminars in oncology nursing 2012; 28(2):116-121 .
- Coffee and tea consumption and risk of head and neck cancers. American journal of epidemiology 2009; 169(Suppl. 11):S49 .
- Outcomes of sarcomatoid carcinoma of the lung: A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database analysis. Surgery 2012; 152(3):397-402 .
- First-line systemic therapy practice patterns and concordance with NCCN guidelines for patients diagnosed with metastatic NSCLC treated at NCCN institutions. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2012; 10(7):847-856 .