Online Scheduling for Volunteers
View, manage and print your volunteer schedule through VicNet, RPCI's volunteer information center.
RPCI VicNet User Guide
- Do not use your browser's navigation buttons to go back to a previous screen; it will exit you from the program and you will have to log in again. Similarly, the backspace key on your keyboard can act as if you are hitting the back button on your browser. This happens because VicNet is preventing you from seeing information that may now be outdated. Only use the navigational tabs and buttons within VicNet itself
- The green Exit button at the bottom of the screen will log you out of the system entirely. Do not click this unless you are planning to fully leave the program. If you are trying to step back a screen, use the Cancel button or click one of the menu tabs within VicNet.
- If you have fully exited VicNet, you will have to return to the log in screen. The log in screen may also be accessed via your browser's bookmark. Clicking your browser's back button will not take you to the log in screen; neither will clicking the refresh button.
- After a certain length of inactivity, your session will expire. You will then have to log in again.
Logging In and Changing Your Password
- Enter your email address in the field marked Login name. If you have more than one email address, please use the email address to which your VicNet password was sent.
- Your initial password will be sent via email and you will be required to change it to a preferred password of your choice.
- To change your password, click on the Account tab at the far right of the menu.
- In order to complete the change, you must enter your original password into the first field, then create a new password in the next field. Passwords must be at least six characters long and are case sensitive. They are not set to expire.
- When finished, click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Editing Your Contact Information and Emergency Contact Information
- Click on the My Profile tab (third tab from the left).
- Update or verify your contact information via the appropriate fields and click the Save button.
- Feel free to update any other fields below (e.g., Emergency Contact, Photo, Birthday). All have a green Save button under each section. Be sure to click the Save button below each section, or your information will not save!
- Click on the Mail tab (second tab from the left) to see a listing of messages.
- To read a message, click on the message subject (e.g., Test Message) to expand the body of the message.
- Once read, messages will move to the Old Messages section until their expiration date (set by sender).
View the Schedule
- To see the full schedule, click on the My Schedule tab (fourth tab from the left).
- You will see the full monthly schedule with your assignments listed in black. You can click on the specific date to see details and the full day's schedule listing.
- You can scroll from month to month by using the green Previous Month and Next Month buttons located at the top of the calendar. Additionally, if you click on the Printable View button below the calendar, it will open the calendar in a new browser tab or window.
- When the interactive schedule is implemented, you will also see orange Help! balloons for the dates that require additional volunteers. More information on that feature is discussed below.
Removing Yourself From the Schedule
- While viewing the schedule on the My Schedule tab, select an assignment you are scheduled for that is at least two days from the current date. (If the assignment you are scheduled for is less than two days away, please contact the Volunteer office at 716-845-5708 so that they can make the change for you. VicNet will not allow you to remove yourself.
- When viewing your assignment, a green Remove Me button should be located on the right side of the screen. (If no button appears, it is because you are less than two days away from the scheduled assignment.)
- Click that button to remove yourself. There will be no confirmation page when removing yourself from the schedule. A notification will be sent to the appropriate coordinator on staff. (Note: There may be some lag time while the schedule updates. If the change does not appear to have worked, please contact a staff member.)
- You can click on the green Calendar View button to return to the schedule.
Adding Yourself to an Opening
- While viewing the schedule, click on one of the orange Help Wanted balloons to view the listing of openings for the day.
- Each assignment will tell you how many openings there are for the day.
- Once you've found the assignment you'd like to add to your schedule, click on the Schedule Me button located to the right of the assignment.
- A confirmation page will show up confirming the date, assignment, and time. It will ask you if this is correct. If so, click the Yes button and it will be added to your schedule. If not correct, click the No button and it will take you back to the schedule. (Note: There may be some lag time while the schedule updates. If the change does not appear to have worked, please contact a staff member.)
My Service History Tab
- The My Service History tab will show you your year-to-date totals for hours served, in addition to a breakdown of those hours if you click on the year.
If you have any questions about VicNet, please contact the Volunteer office at 716-845-5708.