Dr. Thinle Chodon was recruited in September 2013 as an Assistant Member and Associate Director of the Therapeutic Cell Production Facility (TCPF) at the Center For Immunotherapy (CFI). She now serves as the Director of the CFI Translational Research Operations. At the University of California, Los Angeles, she led Dr. Antoni Ribas' lab and cGMP operation for clinical trials. She developed and optimized the standard operating procedures for the manufacture of genetically engineered T cells, peripheral blood stem cells, dendritic cells, and was the key person manufacturing these cells for the patients enrolled in various clinical trials.
Dr. Chodon received her MD and her surgical training from Tribhuvan University Institute of Medicine, Nepal and her PhD from the School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan. Dr. Chodon has authored 33 research articles.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Member, Center for Immunotherapy
- Facility Director, Center for Immunotherapy Translational Research Operations
- Director, cGMP Therapeutic Cell Production Facility
Education and Training:
- 2001 - PhD - School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
- 1995 - MD (MBBS) - Tribhuvan University Institute of Medicine, Nepal
- 2001 - Clinical Training - Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
- 1996 - Department of Surgery - Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Nepal
- 1995 - Nepal Medical Council
- Roswell Park Cancer Center Membership (Tumor Immunology & Immunotherapy (TII) Program)
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Japan Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery