I joined Roswell Park in 2017. I specialize in taking care of patients with acute leukemias, myelodysplastic syndromes and other blood cancers. I completed my residency at Fairview hospital, Cleveland and fellowship training at Cleveland Clinic's Taussig Cancer Institute. I am board certified in Internal Medicine and board eligible for Hematology/Medical Oncology. I am also a member of multiple professional organizations including American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology and American College of Physicians.
In terms of my research, as a clinical investigator trained with a specific focus in hematologic malignancies, I am interested in novel drug development to improve outcomes in patients with blood cancers. Specifically, I investigate biomarker-driven or modern targeted therapies for treating hematologic malignancies. I hope to translate novel findings from the lab to the patients by conducting early phase clinical trials.
- Tofacitinib as a novel salvage therapy for refractory T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia. Bilori B, Thota S, Clemente MJ, Patel B, Jerez A, Afable Ii M, Maciejewski JP. Leukemia. 2015 Dec;29(12):2427-9.
- Genetic alterations of the cohesin complex genes in myeloid malignancies. Thota S, Viny AD, Makishima H, Spitzer B, Radivoyevitch T, Przychodzen B, Sekeres MA, Levine RL, Maciejewski JP. Blood. 2014 Sep 11;124(11):1790-8.
- Clinical and biological implications of ancestral and non-ancestral IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in myeloid neoplasms. Molenaar RJ, Thota S, Nagata Y, Patel B, Clemente M, Przychodzen B, Hirsh C, Viny AD, Hosano N, Bleeker FE, Meggendorfer M, Alpermann T, Shiraishi Y, Chiba K, Tanaka H, van Noorden CJ, Radivoyevitch T, Carraway HE, Makishima H, Miyano S, Sekeres MA, Ogawa S, Haferlach T, Maciejewski JP. Leukemia. 2015 Nov;29(11):2134-42.
- Inotuzumab ozogamicin in relapsed B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Thota S, Advani A. Eur J Haematol. 2017 May;98(5):425-434
- Therapeutic outcomes using low dose alemtuzumab for acquired bonemarrow failure conditions. Thota S, Patel BJ, Sadaps M, Balasubramanian S, Sanikommu S, Hirsch C, Marotta S, Sekeres M, Risitano A, Maciejewski JP. British J Hematol, 2017 Aug (in press)