You may have food from home during your inpatient stay as long as:
- You have your physician's approval to do so.
- The food/beverages you receive from home are on the "allowed" list on the chart enclosed in this brochure.
- Any freshly prepared/homemade foods must be consumed by the patient within 24-48 hours of the food being prepared or frozen.
- Foods must stay in a safe temperature zone during transport (e.g. hot foods greater than 140º F / cold foods less than 40º F).
- If reheating foods using a microwave, always stir the food well and check to be sure the food is heated thoroughly. Always remember: When in doubt, throw it out!!!