The Biomedical Data Science Shared Resource (BDS) currently provides the following services to investigators:
- Data Requests: The BDS provides a series of services to meet data requests from investigators, including:
- Triaging and tracking data requests related to non-interventional studies
- Providing initial data requirements and availability consultation to investigators
- Creating a data service budget for protocol and grant submission
- Serving as a liaison between the Investigator and the biobanks for research that requires clinical data and biospecimens
- Assuring compliance with regulatory guidelines related to the use of data
- Validating data quality for data provided to investigators
- Identifying cohorts of patients and corresponding biospecimens
- Serving as the Honest Broker of a Project to provide HIPAA compliant de-identified data
- Protocol Development Support: BDS staff assist researchers in study design and development, and coordination with regulatory and biobank services
- Consulting Services: BDS staff members provide consulting services for database development.
- Training and continuous education of database managers
- Data governance support
- Technology development in collaboration with research IT
Project pricing will vary based on nature of request. Please contact the BDS office at 716-845-2270 or BDSOffice@roswellpark.org for a project specific cost estimate.