The BMPK Shared Resource provides bioanalytical, modeling, and consultation services to support discovery-based research and pre-clinical/clinical research and drug development. These services include study design and methodology consultation, formulation development and preparation, sample storage and retrieval preparation, assay of study samples, data compilation and analysis, and PK/PD modeling. Collaborations between BMPK and CCSG investigators, faculty, and staff are conducted through one-on-one meetings to prospectively plan and develop projects/grants, or to discuss and evaluate study conduct, milestones, and outcomes.
The resource offers a wide variety of analytical methods as well as capabilities to develop and validate new assays. BMPK provides highly sensitive measurements for numerous chemotherapeutic agents and their metabolites, along with endogenous compounds, in an large assortment of sample matrices (e.g.., whole blood, plasma, serum, urine, cell pellets and media, xenografts, and an assortment of tissue types from biodistribution studies) by using innovative techniques of LC-MS, LC- MS/MS, UPLC, HPLC, ELISA, and Atomic Absorption spectrophotometry.
Non-compartmental analysis (NCA) along side PK/PD modeling and simulations are performed to gain insight into the mechanism of action and life cycle of cancer therapeutics as singular agents or in combination with other compounds and to assess inter-individual and random variability within study populations. The information gained from past studies is used to optimize the design aspects of future clinical trials, including dosing strategy and the selection of patient populations. The BMPK Shared Resource serves as an essential component of CCSG’s research efforts, developing complementary collaborations between its bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic skill sets in addition to other shared resources, such as genomics, biostatistics, laboratory animal, hematology, etc.
- Applied Biosystems 5500 QTrap Triple quadrupole ESI/APCI-LC/MS/MS
- Applied Biosystems 5500 Triple quadrupole ESI/APCI-LC/MS/MS
- Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage triple quadrupole ESI/APCI-LC/MS/MS
- Applied Biosystems API3000 triple quadrupole DES LC/MS/MS
- Waters Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC) System
- Waters Alliance High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) System
- Perkin Elmer Analyst 600 Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption
- Biotek Synergy Plate Reader providing fluorescence and UV detection
- Tomtec Quadra 4 Robotic Handling System
BMPK Modeling Software
- Phoenix WinNonlin Professional: Non-compartmental and compartmental modeling
- ADAPT 5 and S ADAPT: individual compartmental PK and PK/PD modeling
- NONMEN: nonlinear mixed effect modeling software for population analysis to determine sources of variability in the PK and PD of a drug
- WinPOPT: provides information for PK and /or PK/PS sampling strategies
- SAS 9.3: used to manage and clean databases, and create graphics and tables