I joined Roswell Park's Lymphoma / Myeloma Division in the Department of Medicine in August 2011, focusing on the treatment of NHL, HL, CLL, and multiple myeloma. I completed my residency at the University of Buffalo, Sister's of Charity Hospital followed by a Fellowship in Hematology and Medical Oncology here at Roswell.
I am board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology. I am also a member of multiple professional organizations including: American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, and American Association for Cancer Research.
My research focuses mainly on improving outcomes in patients with CLL and lymphomas by targeting new and novel pathways
- Brem EA, Thudium K, Khubchandani S, Tsai PC, Olejniczak SH, Bhat S, Riaz W, Gu J, Iqbal A, Campagna R, Knight J, Mavis C, Hoskin P, Deeb G, Gibbs JF, Fetterly G, Czuczman MS, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ. Distinct cellular and therapeutic effects of obatoclax in rituximab-sensitive and -resistant lymphomas. Br J Haematol. 2011 Jun; 153 (5):599-611. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2011.08669.x. Epub 2011 Apr 15.
- Bhat S, Czuczman MS: Galiximab: a review. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2010 Mar; 10(3):451-8.
- Bhat SA, Czuczman MS: Novel antibodies in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.Neth J Med.2009 Sep; 67(8):311-21.
- Francisco J. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, Seema Bhat, Arshad Iqbal, Scott H. Olejniczak, Joy Knight and Myron S. Czuczman: Targeting BH3-domain anti-apoptotic proteins with GX15-070 significantly increases rituximab-mediated antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) and complement mediated cytotoxicity (CMC) against B-cell lymphomas. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), Nov 2006; 108: 2502.
- Francisco J. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, Arshad Iqbal, Seema Bhat, Scott H. Olejniczak, Joy Knight and Myron S. Czuczman: Targeting BH3-domain anti-apoptotic proteins with GX15-070 decreases DNA synthesis, induces cell death and sensitizes rituximab-sensitive and resistant non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cell lines to the anti-tumor activity of chemotherapy agents. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), Nov 2006; 108: 2523.