Why Choose Roswell Park?
We are a designated ‘Center For Excellence’ for robotic surgery. We have come to this distinction through:
- Innovation: Roswell Park was the first to perform robotic surgery in the region.
- Experience: Our surgeons have performed more than 1,500 operations since 2004 using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
- Accreditation: RPCI has become the first institution in the U.S. to be accredited as a training institute in robotic-assisted surgery by the Société Internationale d’Urologie (SIU).
- Leadership: We’re a leader in training other surgeons in robotic surgery.
- Commitment: Our team is dedicated to improving robotic surgical techniques.
Patients who have had robotic surgery have consistently reported high satisfaction with the procedure. Some of the reasons for this are:
- Tiny incisions through minimally invasive surgery. These incisions heal faster and leave less noticeable scars.
- Shorter hospital stays.
- Faster recovery time.
- Less pain and easier pain management.
- Less blood loss during surgery. This reduces the need for blood transfusions and helps promote faster recovery.
- Tools are more precise view than the human eye—with 3-D and 10x magnified views
- Tools are more flexible than a human wrist.