Dr. Sharma is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Specializing In:Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Endocrine Adverse Events Acute endocrine issues arising in cancer patients Post thyroid cancer hypothyroidism management
About Rajeev Sharma
I am an endocrinologist at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (RPCCC) specializing in the care of cancer patients with Immunotherapy induced Endocrine Toxicity besides other endocrine issues arising out of cancer treatment like post thyroid cancer hypothyroidism. My research interest includes immune-checkpoint inhibitors related endocrine toxicities. I am Board of Directors representative of The Great Lakes Society of Diabetes and Endocrinology (GLSDE)and previously served on the various national committees including SITC's Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Adverse Events Clinical Practice Guideline Expert Panel and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE).
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Education and Training:
- 2002 - MBBS - Government Medical College, Jammu, India
- 2011 - New York Medical College (Metropolitan Hospital), NY
- 2006 - MD - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- 2014 - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism)
- American College of Endocrinology
- Endocrine Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- 2014-2016 - Staff Endocrinologist, Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse
- 2014-2016 - Assistant Professor, Joslin Diabetes Center, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
Featured on Cancer Talk
Showing all3 of 4 CollapseView all
Brahmer JR, Abu-Sbeih H, Ascierto PA, Brufsky J, Cappelli LC, Cortazar FB, Gerber DE, Hamad L, Hansen E, Johnson DB, Lacouture ME, Masters GA, Naidoo J, Nanni M, Perales MA, Puzanov I, Santomasso BD, Shanbhag SP, Sharma R*, Skondra D, Sosman JA, Turner M, Ernstoff MS. Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) clinical practice guideline on immune checkpoint inhibitor-related adverse events. J Immunother Cancer. 2021 Jun;9(6). doi: 10.1136/jitc-2021-002435. PubMed PMID: 34172516; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8237720.
Zhang Z, Riebandt G, Sharma R*, et al. Preliminary review of Diabetes Mellitus incidence in patients treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI) therapy – Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (RPCCC) experience. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer 2020;8:doi: 10.1136/jitc-2020-SITC2020.0856
Sharma R*. Glycemic Variation and Cancer Occurrence-A New Paradigm. Cancer J. 2019 Jul/Aug;25(4):241-242. doi: 10.1097/PPO.0000000000000388. PubMed PMID: 31335386.
Puzanov I, Diab A, Abdallah K, Bingham CO 3rd, Brogdon C, Dadu R, Hamad L, Kim S, Lacouture ME, LeBoeuf NR, Lenihan D, Onofrei C, Shannon V, Sharma R*, Silk AW, Skondra D, Suarez-Almazor ME, Wang Y, Wiley K, Kaufman HL, Ernstoff MS. Managing toxicities associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: consensus recommendations from the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Toxicity Management Working Group. J Immunother Cancer. 2017 Nov 21;5(1):95. doi: 10.1186/s40425-017-0300-z. PubMed PMID: 29162153; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5697162
Sharma R*, Torka P. Romosozumab Treatment in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. N Engl J Med. 2017 Jan 26;376(4):395. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc1615367. PubMed PMID: 28125190.