Duralone®, Medralone®, Medrol®, M-Prednisol®, Solu-Medrol®. There may be other brand names for this medication)
How is it Administered?
Your medicine may be taken orally, as a pill or your healthcare provider may give it to you as an injection into the muscle (intramuscular, IM) or into the vein (intravenously, IV).
What is it Used For?
Methylprednisolone, a corticosteroid, is similar to a natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands. I has many uses in the treatment of cancer:
- relieving inflammation (swelling, heat, redness, and pain)
- treating or preventing allergic reactions.
- treating some types of cancer, such as leukemia and lymphoma
- treating nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy
- prevention and treatment of graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation
- treating some autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, asthma, and certain lung conditions