The Women's Resource Center is a component of the Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Treatment Program and the Multidisciplinary GYN Cancer Treatment Program at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. Team members help those diagnosed with breast and GYN cancers address the challenges of diagnosis and treatment by providing a wide range of cancer information and referrals to many support services.
Reliable, current breast and GYN cancer information related to screening, diagnosis, the latest treatment options, clinical trials, and survivorship is available for patients and their caregivers. The lending library features print and video resources - from medical textbooks, consumer guides, and survivor stories to storybooks and coloring books for the youngest family members. When treatment ends, patients can find services to enhance their wellness as they transition into cancer survivorship.
We also offer:
- Free wigs, scarves, hats for patients on chemotherapy who are dealing with hair loss
- Referrals to Look Good Feel Better makeover programs sponsored by the American Cancer Society
- Skin care classes for chemotherapy patients
- Referrals to breast prosthesis and undergarment fitters
- Information and referrals to local cancer support groups and cancer advocacy groups
- Information on support services at Roswell Park and in the community
The Women's Resource Center is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Women's Resource Center is located on the first floor of the Scott Bieler Clinical Sciences Center, Room P-102. Phone: 716-845-4432.