Jevtana® (There may be other names for this medication.)
How is Cabazitaxel Administered?
This medication will be given by infusion into a vein (intravenous or IV) over the course of an hour. The infusion is usually given every 3 weeks.
What is it Used For?
Cabazitaxel is given with prednisone to treat prostate cancer that has spread (metastasized), has not responded to hormone treatment (hormone-refractory), and that has already been treated with other chemotherapy medications. Cabazitaxel may be prescribed for other uses.
What Should I Tell My Doctor Before I Begin Receiving Cabazitaxel?
Tell your doctor if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to cabazitaxel or polysorbate 80
- have or have ever had liver or kidney disease
- are taking any herbal products, especially St. John’s wort
- have been treated with radiation therapy
- are unable to eat a healthy diet
- have any type of infection